Napoleon bar end mirror problems

More
30 Apr 2014 12:35 #630930 by madmatt1
Napoleon bar end mirror problems was created by madmatt1
I had to remove my bar end mirror (Napoleon brand) to change the grips on my bike. I should note that the mirror has always been on very tight, and not moved around at all. However, upon reinstalling the mirror, I am now having trouble with it. When I crank down the bolt to get it tight, the rubber block starts pushing out of the end of the bar and the mirror works itself out of the bar after a couple minutes. Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem.... and what they used to make it stay put. I was thinking about putting some threadlocker on the rubber block and letting that set up inside the handlebar for a while before trying to tighten it... and ideas?

1977 KZ1000 LTD
1977 KZ1000A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 May 2014 13:06 #631057 by madmatt1
Replied by madmatt1 on topic Napoleon bar end mirror problems
...Well, for anyone who might stumble across this, what I ended up doing was replacing the expanding rubber part of the mirror with a very thick piece of hose that was closer to the same I.D. of the handlerbars. I put sandpaper on a dowel and scuffed up the inside of the bar first too. I think that the rubber on the mirror was just kinda worn out, if that makes any sense...

1977 KZ1000 LTD
1977 KZ1000A

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.