Building a custom cafe seat

More
20 Oct 2013 01:34 #610594 by nickleo373
Replied by nickleo373 on topic Building a custom cafe seat
I didn't think to just get rid of the foam all together and add new stuff. Its a good idea. I tried it with the Styrofoam that I picked up at Michaels but I somehow ended up snapping all the pieces in half :pinch: . Oh well. I'll give your way a shot

1981 KZ550C LTD
"If you ain't first, you're last"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Oct 2013 02:40 #610595 by Doogie
Replied by Doogie on topic Building a custom cafe seat

nickleo373 wrote: I didn't think to just get rid of the foam all together and add new stuff. Its a good idea. I tried it with the Styrofoam that I picked up at Michaels but I somehow ended up snapping all the pieces in half :pinch: . Oh well. I'll give your way a shot

Most people use the insulating foam that you get from Home depot. It is much more forgiving. I actually used a piece of 2x6 to create a base that I added cardboard and tape to just to get an idea of what I was looking for. It's really all about what you like and think looks good.

What type of look are you going for? Post up some examples of what you like and gather ideas from there. This seat build was my first time working with fiberglass and it wasn't too bad. Just took a lot of patience and planning...but I still got resin on my frame...

Let me know what you come up with. I can come out sometime and give you a hand if you want another set of eyes.

81 KZ440 LTD
83 KX550A
82 GS450
74 CB360

When in doubt...brute force.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.