What would you do? Any suggestions?

More
28 Nov 2012 13:51 #560340 by ramtough_63
What would you do? Any suggestions? was created by ramtough_63
I have seen some awesome paintweks and some japanese paint jobs that rock

my goal is to prepare several prepainted sets with my versions of the red the blue and the green as well as a few others

My questions for my fellow KZ'rs Facrtory style paint is by far mnore desirable in most cases
but not everyone wants a Z1 pqint scheme

base paint jobs with no graphics are boring and take hours if not days to do lets say I se up at mid Ohio

POSSIBLE STORY
I have a base red guy wants Z1 graphics when I get my mobile booth together easy peasy

take an already painted basecoat 4 hours I am clearing he pics up bext day

I was getting off track

should I ihave some custom painted B2 Naked women reval Flag trabal flames pinups etx.. or keep it strictly factory style stuff when I am ready My plan is to paint at leat 1 set a month maybe 2 til mid Ohio obviously i need to sell a couple quick to pay for this venture

also find me a tank I will either buy it or add grapchics to an existing paint scheme

since I have learned to plastic weld I can use a llot of broke side covers for repairing also hit me up with what you haVE ND WHEN i GO BACK TO WORK i WILL TAKE IT OFF YOUR HANDS

more factory or more custom ready sets? how many pAINT SET COMPANIES are normally there

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Nov 2012 19:13 #560368 by les holt
Replied by les holt on topic What would you do? Any suggestions?
Take some of both flavors. The only real thing I have against my wild scheme is only the purist or someone that actually had an old Kaw know what the bike is. It has drawn more attention that any other paint scheme I've had before, gets a lot of comments both good and bad but it always gets comments!

Les

More
29 Nov 2012 00:03 #560407 by kzz1king
Replied by kzz1king on topic What would you do? Any suggestions?
My favorite color is black so take this for what its worth! I used to love custom paint jobs on our bikes but as I get older I get more nostalgic. Hence I am really hankering for one in my original green and yellow colors of my 74. Heck, I dont even have any goods picks of it from back in the day.
Wayne

74 Z1 1075, 29 smoothbores, owned and ridden since 1976
Home built KZ1000 turbo setup

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532476...s-budget-turbo-build

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532489-74-z-makeover

More
29 Nov 2012 10:07 #560443 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic What would you do? Any suggestions?

kzz1king wrote: My favorite color is black so take this for what its worth! I used to love custom paint jobs on our bikes but as I get older I get more nostalgic. Hence I am really hankering for one in my original green and yellow colors of my 74. Heck, I dont even have any goods picks of it from back in the day.
Wayne

I feel ya plain black kz1000 was the sexiest bike on the planet years ago its like marilyn monroe still sexy as hell but sure aint no angelina jolie lol

I have 2 plain black LTD tanks I may keep that color
I'm gonna change the red a litttle so les' z1 scheme is original but plan on a red green blue and black version

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...