Luggage Rack Measurements

More
13 Jun 2006 20:40 #54372 by neilh
Luggage Rack Measurements was created by neilh
Hello all,

Perhaps one of you can help me. I am looking for a luggage rack for a 78 650 D and I believe I have found one locally. Problem. I really don't know how it goes on so I want your input to make sure I get the measurements right. I am guessing that the rack should attach with the shocks and at the back of the grab bar. Now should it be mounted under the shocks (ie take shocks off, put on rack, replace shocks) or should it be mounted on top of the shocks. I take it the grab bar would be history as well. So then I need to measure centre to centre, shocks to back attachment of grab bar and depending on inside or outside of shocks, the frame measurement across the frame at the shocks and grab bar. Yes? No? Am I close? 24 cm centred front to back, 11.5 inches and 9.5 inches across the frame front and back roughly?

Your input is greatly appreciated........

Neil

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Jun 2006 06:45 #54426 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Luggage Rack Measurements
I've had two different racks on my bike, and they both mounted differently. They both mounted to the shock mount, with no need to remove the shock first. The back ends were different, but used different brackets off the rear turn signal mounts for support. Careful, as some racks wont allow you to open your seat sometimes, as they go over top of the seat.

Here's some pix:

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.