my review of rustolium professional enamel paint

More
17 Aug 2012 15:22 #543109 by firechicken
I know many of us on here are riders on a budget who do our own work so i thought i would share my experience repainting my zx6r. I recently painted my project streetfighter's tank/plastics with some paint i bought at walmart called rustolium professional enamel, it comes in a tall can of either gloss or flat black or white for about $4 a can. after letting the paint cure for a couple weeks it is every bit as tough as engine spray paint and seems to be gas resistant(at least with a coat of wax on it). I have spilled drops of gas on the tank several times on accident, i always wipe it right off but it hasn't caused any staining or paint removal which was a constant battle with my last rattle can job. Also it looks great, noone would ever guess that it was a rattle can job. My only problem with the paint is the can has one of those high-flow tips which i think lead to more severe orange peel, but i wetsanded between coats and took my time and ended up with a smooth finish. I am happy with the paint and would recommend a couple cans for your next black or white $10 paintjob. definitely tougher than the average spraypaint.
-calvin
The following user(s) said Thank You: damarble

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Aug 2012 00:51 #543208 by gwolever
Paint looks great. Nice work. Great to see the Devil Exhaust too. Sweet!

1982 KZ1000 CSR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.