Adding fairing.

More
12 Jul 2012 13:13 #535432 by Bear1
Adding fairing. was created by Bear1
Hello. I was wondering if there is diagram somewhere for installing a front fairing? I have an 82 750ltd. I just got a fairing off a mid 70's kz900 with the mount. Not sure if it will fit. I was just wondering what needs to be taken off of my bike to put it on. It has it's own headlight, so I'm guessing mine has to come off. But with all the wires in the housing, and the fact that they are thirty years old and still working, I don't want to disturb anything and create more problems.
Thank you for your help.

'82 750 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2012 14:15 #535438 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic Adding fairing.
What did you buy, a WindJammer?

If so, there's usually a frame/bracket that mounts to the bike frame that the fairing sits on. The brackets are made for specific models. So you may have to make it work. You just tap into the headlight bucket for wiring.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

More
12 Jul 2012 17:40 #535469 by moneypit
Replied by moneypit on topic Adding fairing.
If its a Vetter Windjammer HERES A LINK TO THE INSTRUCTION PAGE. Find which fairing you have and click the right one. And yes you will need to get the correct mount, not sure you can mod the one you hav or not. (check ebay) craigvetter.com/pages/Vetter_Fairings/Al...er_instructions.html

2-76 kz900
St Paul MN

More
13 Jul 2012 11:05 #535636 by osage
Replied by osage on topic Adding fairing.
Bear1, I put a NOS Vetter Quicksilver on my 82 last year. It was for a different model that was also a small four. I'm not at home to get the information on who I bought it from on ebay but I know they had alot of other mount available.

I did a couple things different from the Vetter instructions. First I did not cut headlight mounts off as per instructions. If I did not like the fairing I wanted to be able go back to factory setup.

Second I ordered correct size wiring bullet connectors. I want to say Vetters where 4mm and kaw's are smaller 2mm??? Then I just made up short adapters. Did this for same reason as for the headlight mounts.

If you don't find what you need on the link Moneypit posted I can get you copies of what I have.

1976 KZ750B1
1982 KZ750H3