Superbike Bars & Windshield Mounting

More
30 Oct 2005 07:02 #5324 by Gman
'78 KZ1000A with superbike bars. Thinking about mounting a small handlebar-mounted windshield such as a Slip Streamer Spitfire or similar (I'm open to suggestions). Has any of you done this with superbike handlebars? I'm trying to determine whether there is enough room on the bars to mount the windshield mounting clamps without interference to the brake master cylinder and other controls or gauges. Thanks for your help.

1978 KZ1000
1965 Harly Electra Glide
2002 Gold Wing
1974 Z1 900 project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Oct 2005 12:25 #5392 by ronboskz650sr
Replied by ronboskz650sr on topic Superbike Bars & Windshield Mounting
I know the two mounts for a Maier gpz style will fit, I don't know for sure what yours are like.

More
30 Oct 2005 13:29 #5407 by indykaw77
Replied by indykaw77 on topic Superbike Bars & Windshield Mounting
If that windscreen is one of the new "generation"....the mounts are smaller than you think. My bars are wide enuff to allow the Maier Gpz fairing mounts, and they are wider than most....You should be ok. BUT.....when you go windshield shopping, grab a set of bars off the shelf and have a look-see

Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

More
30 Oct 2005 19:58 #5499 by ratmeister
Replied by ratmeister on topic Superbike Bars & Windshield Mounting
I recently put a windscreen on my bike. I have a cafe style fairing that mounted to the headlight and it put the wind right in my face. It looked cool, but was not comfortable. I found my new one locally. It is a National Cycle Mirage and it mounts perfectly on my superbike bars and the fork tubes.