Seat pan replacement

More
21 Jan 2012 22:49 #499326 by randomMX
Seat pan replacement was created by randomMX
Hello,
I have a pretty rusted out seat pan on the '78 kz650 D and was wondering if anyone has a good replacement source or plans on how to make a new pan.

I am not fond of the foam and that can be replaced. But the pan needs to be sourced and replaced/ or re-made. Looking for a stock replecement/mount.

Any help/experiences/sources are appreciated. Coundn't find a good topic on it yet.

Thanks, Random

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2012 11:14 - 22 Jan 2012 12:30 #499382 by jonnybravo
Replied by jonnybravo on topic Seat pan replacement

randomMX wrote: Hello,
I have a pretty rusted out seat pan on the '78 kz650 D and was wondering if anyone has a good replacement source or plans on how to make a new pan.

I am not fond of the foam and that can be replaced. But the pan needs to be sourced and replaced/ or re-made. Looking for a stock replecement/mount.

Any help/experiences/sources are appreciated. Coundn't find a good topic on it yet.

Thanks, Random

well ur in the wrong section but whatever, google it, I have seen but dont remember where, a how to on using the old seat pan as a mold to fabricate a fiberglass one, I seem to remember the fiberglass resin and cloth are applied to the old pan and then it is removed after it sets up

BTW on most sites a mod would have moved this to the proper section, but here they r (with one exception) to busy either playing with their "software" or playing cornhole :woohoo:

ah yes with turtle like speed :laugh: :laugh:
Last edit: 22 Jan 2012 12:30 by jonnybravo.

• Fritula
  • User
  • holly land garage
More
22 Jan 2012 12:17 #499389 by Fritula
Replied by Fritula on topic Seat pan replacement
Very same problem I have had with mine.Separated everything from a pan,cleaned it with circular wire brush on a dril than applied just one layer of fiberglass cloth inside.Inside becouse you dont have to do all sanding to have it smooth out.Painted it and get everything back on it.All work took me maybe an hour alltogether.Now I have much stronger and still very light seat.