aftermarket seat?????

More
24 May 2006 09:48 #49729 by Draco
aftermarket seat????? was created by Draco
Just wondering if there are any aftermarket seats out ther for a 80' KZ750E? Perhaps the gunfighter style?
And if so, do they allow for the use of the seat lock, hinges, and helmet lock?
Thanks for the input.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2006 10:09 #49734 by apeman
Replied by apeman on topic aftermarket seat?????
I have never seen anything "off the shelf" for the KZ750E, and have been casually looking for a couple of years. I currently have a Travelcade cover on mine, and it looks very nice (better than stock) so long as you do a good job of mounting. However, the stock seat foam is not the most confortable for distance travel. It is fine around town.

I have heard that Corbin will make a seat to fit your pan, but have never investigated. Many people on this site have done a great job reconfiguring and recovering their seats on their own. Do a search, and you sill be very impressed.

Petaluma and Truckee, CA -- member since Jan. 23, 2003;
PREVIOUS KZs: 1980 KZ750H with 108,000 miles; 1980 KZ750E with 28,000 miles; and KZ750H street/cafe project, all sold a few years back.

This is what I do for fun, not for work. It is art, with a little engineering thrown in.

More
30 May 2006 13:39 #50947 by SuperTrey
Replied by SuperTrey on topic aftermarket seat?????
Corbin makes one for the KZ1000, you may check for the 750. I called once to see if they would make one for an old Yamaha i had, and at that time they wouldn't rebuild old ones. Maybe they will now, might be worth the phone call