An appeal.

More
05 May 2011 01:12 #448982 by gane
An appeal. was created by gane
Gents, I need access to a GOOD body & fender man. I have a "near complete" 1969 "sandacast" CB750. I'm "watching" a "proper" tank, but it has "damage", IE; dents in both fork & knee areas. Yamia offers re-pop tanks for @ $700.00. this tank is at $250.00 before bids. and will probly "go" for 5... I have time, and would prefer a "OE" tank to a re-pro for my restore, but will undoubtably need the talents of a "pro". any leads would be appreciated, G

[img][/img] 1977 KZ1000A1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
05 May 2011 01:21 #448984 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic An appeal.
got a picture of the tank? B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
05 May 2011 22:15 #449126 by gane
Replied by gane on topic An appeal.
It's item #260777307921 on Ebay, I rough count 10 misc dents & dings, the one that concerns me most is the r/h front bash. If possible I'd like some one who can "pull" from the "outside" & Fill" with "lead" ( A nearly lost art ) I've had my share of problems with "bondo"/"fillers" making themselves apparent sometimes 15-20 years on. I've had this bike @ 26 years now, & it's been a "runner" pretty much all this time. I guess it's in the "running" for "longest project bike ever" I just never had the desire to spend the $'s neccessary to make it "correct". Thanks for listening, Even moreso if you can steer me in the right direction... G

• testarossa
  • User
  • Attack life, it's only trying to kill you.
More
05 May 2011 22:46 #449128 by testarossa
Replied by testarossa on topic An appeal.
Gane, it looks like that tank can be saved by the right person. I can't recommend a body man, but I just thought I would add a suggestion. You might try asking around on some hot rod forums. I bet that if there were anyone around with lead experience, that they would still be known by the chop and channel crowd. Good luck with your project!

1978 KZ1000 A2 Click--->Build Thread
2004 ZX-10R
2007 Harley Sportster 1200
2020 Harley Street Glide Special
Angola, IN

• wireman
  • User
More
05 May 2011 23:07 #449134 by wireman
my dad taught me to use lead when i was young,not really as hard as people think.
the painting is the part i dont like doing B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
06 May 2011 01:25 #449158 by gane
Replied by gane on topic An appeal.
Testarossa & wireman. Thanks, My Dad also "worked" in Lead. & when in my "teens" did his best to "teach" me "the art " of "torch/paddle/flow/bond & body file.", the fact is, I'm inept.and this project deserves better. thanks G

• wireman
  • User
More
06 May 2011 02:20 #449163 by wireman
eastwood has some helpfull stuff for leadworking