Tank Emblem Interchange?

More
30 Jan 2011 20:20 #427259 by The_Head
Tank Emblem Interchange? was created by The_Head
I have a 1980 KZ250 LTD. I'd like to replace the tank emblems with something nicer if I can find something affordable.

From what other KZ's could I use tank emblems from? Mine are white, but I don't feel I have to replace them with the same color, silver would work too.

Just trying to spruce my bike up a little bit, thanks for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2011 00:51 #427293 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Tank Emblem Interchange?
Measure the distance from the center of each emblem hole to the center of the other hole (in millimeters). This distance will be how you select your next emblem. The sizes are somewhat standardized...for example, my emblems from a KZ1100B2 (1982) will fit my 1977 KZ1000A1...but they are styled quite differently.

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
31 Jan 2011 00:56 #427294 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Tank Emblem Interchange?
have you thought of just painting the ones you already have?

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

• stonemaster
  • Visitor
31 Jan 2011 01:21 #427295 by stonemaster
Replied by stonemaster on topic Tank Emblem Interchange?
The_Head wrote:

I have a 1980 KZ250 LTD. I'd like to replace the tank emblems with something nicer if I can find something affordable.

From what other KZ's could I use tank emblems from? Mine are white, but I don't feel I have to replace them with the same color, silver would work too.

Just trying to spruce my bike up a little bit, thanks for any help!

+1 on the painting, I had my wife paint some I had once, silver flake, black outline, looked better than new

More
31 Jan 2011 06:29 #427324 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic Tank Emblem Interchange?
One way to paint them is to apply a very light coating of grease to the raised areas by lightly patting the grease on using your finger, spray the paint, then wipe off the raised areas after the paint dries to the touch. Works well.

Also, the cross-reference at Kawasaki.com is handy. Find your diagrams, click the full part number to open a new window, then click the yellow/black ? to open another new window showing the list of bikes using that part. I bet your tank emblems are the same as on a bunch of other bikes.

More
31 Jan 2011 09:07 #427363 by The_Head
Replied by The_Head on topic Tank Emblem Interchange?
Thanks for the tip on the Kawasaki website. As for the painting, I didn't really consider it. I guess I could do that, but I just felt better about getting a fresh set for a few bucks.