• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
13 Jan 2011 12:21 #421870 by kz1k
wheres the vinyl section? was created by kz1k

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

WHY FART AND WASTE IT, WHEN YOU CAN BURP AND TASTE IT?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
13 Jan 2011 12:28 #421873 by kz1k
Replied by kz1k on topic wheres the vinyl section?

1978 KZ1000A2

"JUST IN! A MAN WHO HOLDS THE WORLD RECORD FOR USING THE MOST DRUGS DIES TODAY. HE WAS WAS ATTACKED BY A PACK OF WILD DOGS HE THOUGHT HE SAW"

More
13 Jan 2011 12:41 #421876 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic wheres the vinyl section?
uh,right over there next to my 8 track collection! :woohoo:

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
13 Jan 2011 12:46 #421881 by kz1k
PLUMMEN wrote:

uh,right over there next to my 8 track collection!

:woohoo:

whats a 8 track? :dry:

1978 KZ1000A2

More
13 Jan 2011 12:52 #421884 by treitz
Replied by treitz on topic wheres the vinyl section?
I'm impressed. You actually advertise that you do motorcycle wraps?

I had never done one until I did mine last week and can honestly say I don't think I could charge people enough to make it worth my time.

I must not be talented enough to do it efficiently... or well.

Mine looks alright, but I wouldn't feel good charging someone for it.

1979 KZ400 - 2-1 Manifold - Mikuni VM34

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
13 Jan 2011 12:55 #421885 by kz1k
treitz wrote:

I'm impressed. You actually advertise that you do motorcycle wraps?

I had never done one until I did mine last week and can honestly say I don't think I could charge people enough to make it worth my time.

I must not be talented enough to do it efficiently... or well.

Mine looks alright, but I wouldn't feel good charging someone for it.

me, advertise wraps? hell to the no, i saw your bike and youtubed it. i think its cool that if you get bored, you can peel it off and change it. i think you did a great job!

1978 KZ1000A2

More
13 Jan 2011 13:01 #421890 by treitz
[/quote]me, advertise wraps? hell to the no, i saw your bike and youtubed it. i think its cool that if you get bored, you can peel it off and change it. i think you did a great job![/quote]

Lol that's funny. I thought you worked at a sign shop too and were advertising that you did it.

The fact that it can be removed is very cool.

For me, I didn't want to fork out the $$ to get a nice paint job so I figured what the hell, I'll give it a shot! It was either that or rattle can, and this is more easily undone.

Of course my tank has the most ridiculous amount of contours possible, so it wasn't easy... but unless you are really close you can't see the flaws.

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
13 Jan 2011 13:02 #421891 by kz1k
treitz wrote:

me, advertise wraps? hell to the no, i saw your bike and youtubed it. i think its cool that if you get bored, you can peel it off and change it. i think you did a great job![/quote]

Lol that's funny. I thought you worked at a sign shop too and were advertising that you did it.

The fact that it can be removed is very cool.

For me, I didn't want to fork out the $$ to get a nice paint job so I figured what the hell, I'll give it a shot! It was either that or rattle can, and this is more easily undone.

Of course my tank has the most ridiculous amount of contours possible, so it wasn't easy... but unless you are really close you can't see the flaws.[/quote]well, welcome to the forum! where did you get your materials?

1978 KZ1000A2

More
13 Jan 2011 13:09 #421897 by treitz
I work at a sign shop. I got bored one day and started going through our vinyl. The ONLY high performance wrap caliber vinyl that we had sitting around just happened to be that orangish red color. It would not have been my color of choice, but since it's what we had I figured what the hell? I didn't want to order a specific color of vinyl just to discover that I couldn't make it look good.

Once I got the red on I started holding up different colors next to it for the stripes. The beige complimented the red color the best and I am really glad I went with it.

I purchased some black car door trim at Oreilly's that I am going to run around the bottom of the tank and tail section to A) Make it look nice, and B) keep the vinyl from peeling off.

Chances are I won't wrap your bike for you, but if anybody needs stickers hit me up. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki you name it, I can probably make it.

• kz1k
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • You Cant Fix Stupid!
More
13 Jan 2011 13:11 #421898 by kz1k
treitz wrote:

I work at a sign shop. I got bored one day and started going through our vinyl. The ONLY high performance wrap caliber vinyl that we had sitting around just happened to be that orangish red color. It would not have been my color of choice, but since it's what we had I figured what the hell? I didn't want to order a specific color of vinyl just to discover that I couldn't make it look good.

Once I got the red on I started holding up different colors next to it for the stripes. The beige complimented the red color the best and I am really glad I went with it.

I purchased some black car door trim at Oreilly's that I am going to run around the bottom of the tank and tail section to A) Make it look nice, and B) keep the vinyl from peeling off.

Chances are I won't wrap your bike for you, but if anybody needs stickers hit me up. Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki you name it, I can probably make it.

can you make me a turdpuncher sticker?..:laugh: inside joke,

1978 KZ1000A2

More
13 Jan 2011 13:29 #421903 by treitz
That carbon fiber vinyl is pretty cool... but very expensive. I can't even buy it in any quantity less than a 25 yard roll.