KZ1000P Driver Backrest Question

More
31 Oct 2010 08:05 #410060 by tdupuis
KZ1000P Driver Backrest Question was created by tdupuis
Wow, it's been a long time since I posted here.

About 6 years ago I bought an '84 KZ700 with over 100,000 miles on it as my first motorcycle. It served me well and I loved it, but sold it in favor with a bit more zip.

Well, a whole bunch more bikes later, a buddy of mine bought a '93 KZ1000P in Florida. He's asked me to ride it home (to Pennsylvania) for him. Fun trip, but I want a driver backrest for the trip. The bike has a second seat put on but has the stock driver seat.

Any backrests that exist for this? I'd like to find one that can just bolt on.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Oct 2010 13:10 #410107 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic KZ1000P Driver Backrest Question
tdupuis wrote:

...'93 KZ1000P in Florida. He's asked me to ride it home (to Pennsylvania) for him. Fun trip, but I want a driver backrest for the trip. The bike has a second seat put on but has the stock driver seat. Any backrests that exist for this? I'd like to find one that can just bolt on....

Could bungee a cooler on passenger seat to lean back against, ala Lazyboy, (not to mention the side benefits). :cheer:

Good Fortune! :)

[Click on image to reach in and pop-a-top.]

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:

More
31 Oct 2010 14:46 #410122 by racer54
Replied by racer54 on topic KZ1000P Driver Backrest Question
I've used a sleeping bag strapped onto rear seat to lean on and/or a duffel bag. Anything back there to lean on...does make a difference on a long trip if you have bars that sit you upright to any degree.

1980 LTD (changed over the years), 1979 LTD (being rebuilt), 1977 KZ turbo and various KZ's in various states of build. KLX110