kz seats

• irish mike
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • 79 kz 650 b3 rat rod
More
26 Apr 2010 18:32 #363405 by irish mike
kz seats was created by irish mike
hi all im wanting to put a gunfighter or cafe style seat on my 79kz650 but its hard to find one -what i really want to do is retain the origanal seat pan and find a cover and foam kit which seem to be only available in the kz900 and 1000 sizes are the 900 and the 650 seats compatable-im flat out not paying 300$ for a corbin-any input would be apreciated thanks again mike....any other sugestions on what route to take......

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2010 04:07 #364052 by djturnz
Replied by djturnz on topic kz seats
Just buy a block of closed cell foam and some "pleather" at a fabric store. I watched a thing on TV once where the guy glued the foam to the pan, and then used an electric carving knife to shape it. Then just stretch the vinyl cover over it. I'm sure there are a few "How to re-cover a seat" vids on youtube. Can't cost too much to try it out.

1982 KZ750 (4) LTD

More
29 Apr 2010 09:13 #364115 by Mark Wing
Replied by Mark Wing on topic kz seats
I've heard that the foam with a little trimming and this cover works on a 650 seat pan. cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kawasaki-ZRX-sea...fPartsQ5fAccessories

Mark

Jesus loves you Everyone else thinks your an ***

77 KZ650 C1 with ZX7 forks, GPZ mono rear, wider 18 police wheels and Yoshimura motor.

Yorba Linda Cal.