Whitewall pictures?

More
21 Oct 2005 20:39 #3348 by purerider
Whitewall pictures? was created by purerider
Is there any pictures of guys (or girls) that have ran whitewall tires on their kz? I'd really like to see what it would look like with some spoke wheels. Anyone know of good brands/availability.

I'd like to see a little rat-cycle attempt be made by someone. I realize its a little over-done right now. But I live in western canada, not west L.A so I think my originality factor would be safe.

I was thinking, powercoat red header/exhaust, flat matte color (beige or khaki green or charcoal grey)and some flat drag bars, with whitewalls wrapped around the spokes.

Now, to me that would be hottness...and I need that up here in cold ass Calgary.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2005 07:12 #3410 by Wolfman@SparksAmerica
Replied by Wolfman@SparksAmerica on topic Whitewall pictures?
Hey you might check out Hardcore Chopper forum at www.hortoncustoms.com a few bobber builders there for you to get ideas from.

More
23 Oct 2005 00:08 #3551 by KZPens
Replied by KZPens on topic Whitewall pictures?
How about this one ?

It should look familiar to you ;)

I'm looking into whitewalls myself, have my eye on the maxxis classic tire. I will have to replace the front pretty much right away it's rotted badly. Just got it back on the road today after I bought it 5 month ago. Feels great ! B)

More
23 Oct 2005 00:51 #3553 by OnkelB
Replied by OnkelB on topic Whitewall pictures?
Here are a couple of pics of Lt. Dan´s great looking KZ400 Bobber with whitewalls, more info on make and dimensions in this thread.

Post edited by: onkelb, at: 2005/10/23 03:57

77 KZ 650 B1, 82 GPz 1100 B2.

More
23 Oct 2005 22:59 #3746 by purerider
Replied by purerider on topic Whitewall pictures?
awesome...awesome.

I'm working in the cold fall air trying to get my bike running before the onset of winter. I can't wait to ride it.

Make sure you keep me posted when you mount some white wall tires. Which brand, size, how they ride.

I'm definately a fan of the flat black, whitewall. If I could put it into one word, I would say: Bitchin'

More
30 Oct 2005 20:23 #5508 by ratmeister
Replied by ratmeister on topic Whitewall pictures?
I have been thinking of putting whitewalls on my bike. Here is a photoshop to show what it would look like. I am not sure if I like it or not...

More
30 Oct 2005 20:28 #5510 by ronboskz650sr
Replied by ronboskz650sr on topic Whitewall pictures?
I think it needs the spokes to pull it off. I always liked white letters with black bikes...probably doing that to mine next tire change.

More
30 Oct 2005 21:02 #5516 by purerider
Replied by purerider on topic Whitewall pictures?
Yes, I agree. you need to have spokes to really pull that whitewall look off.

That was a big reason for me to pick a KZ was because I got the classic Brit style, with advantages of disc brakes etc...

there's no school but the old school.