paint effect

More
29 Jul 2009 11:07 #310116 by BSKZ650
Replied by BSKZ650 on topic paint effect
Ihave done my own pint work for years, it does take some practice, the first item you had shown, was some cool air brush work, I would not attempt that, not anywhere near that good of a painter.
The saran wrap is easy, and cheap tp do.
You can get some really decent HVLP guns at place like norhtern tool and harbor freight, do a decent job.

But like anything, what is done under the paint tells the quality, prep prep and more prep.

also the clear coats, just my 2 cents, I like to use the same brand of paint and clear coats, less chance of things not looking or lasting

77 kz650, owned for over 25 years
77 ltd1000, current rider
76 kz900, just waiting
73 z1,, gonna restore this one
piglet, leggero harley davidson
SR, Ride captian, S.E.Texas Patriot Guard Riders.. AKA KawaBob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 9am53
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • homebrew, and some bbq
More
29 Jul 2009 11:15 #310119 by 9am53
Replied by 9am53 on topic paint effect
I was planning on doing it myself, and I have lots of experience with painting (guitars mostly), I just didn't know if I could get some of the better paints here in Canada. For guitars I had to sneak the paints across the border, and I can't do that anymore cause I have no passport! When it comes time to paint I will for sure check out that COnnery's store and just pay the price for the HOK

More
08 Aug 2009 18:30 #312499 by ndeli55
Replied by ndeli55 on topic paint effect
they use a special paint with the plastic wrap technique. I believe its a marbelizer. Check out House of Kolor's website. They have a lot of cool specialty paints.

1978 kz650B stock
1973 rd250 (in 1000 pieces)