Help With Upgrading KZ650

More
19 Mar 2009 09:42 #273384 by KZOhio
Help With Upgrading KZ650 was created by KZOhio
I have a nice 1978 KZ650B, Burnt Orange....er "Luminous Burnt Red" (ha-ha). I'm wanting to do some lower cost but nice upgrades such as removing the black plastic air cleaner cover and putting in a chrome capped type, replacing plugs/wires, putting on some easily-applied/removable decals (don't want to ruin the orig. paint), and any other small cosmetic or functional improvements. As for decals by the way, it's tough trying to coordinate with orange, don't you think?

Right now I'm knocking off winter spoke rust (whatever happened to the nickel/zinc coating after all these years...did it vaporize????), polishing up the exposed aluminum areas w/o disassembly, and doing my best to detail it by hand. I'm picking up a fresh battery (Batteries Plus "Extreme" brand wet cell).

I am aware of pricier stuff like Kuryakyn, etc., but I'm trying to take the "recession approach" to making it look better. Any helpful ideas on making KZ really sparkle and snap and run better will be greatly appreciated! Brands, vendor, and web links appreciated! (Did I hear someone say JC Whitney???)

KZOhio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.