Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Found a good site for paint stuff 22 Feb 2006 05:54 #25564

• donthekawguy
  • donthekawguy's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 8
There have been a couple of questions about paint codes and such the past week or so. I was bored at wrok and found a good site. paintwokz.com The sell correct color paint, will pait your bike and have sets for sale all painted up. They want $850 to paint your bike so it's not too bad price wise.
Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Found a good site for paint stuff 22 Feb 2006 05:58 #25565

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
The link is paintworkz.com In another thread, someone was looking for info on early Z paint...this is the fellow I mentioned...his forum name on the MSN Z1/Z900 site is 'lacquerfumes'. He does quality work.
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

Found a good site for paint stuff 22 Feb 2006 06:58 #25580

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
HAH! I just bought a gun and inline filters. Once it dries out some and warms up, I will be a PAINTER! I decided to shoot my project bike myself. The missus and I went to O'Reillys a few days ago and she picked out; NGGM 498 Med Red Metallic 44,WA408G General Motors. I suspect I will practice FIRST on a burn barrel and then go into the paint business bwhahaha

I also suspect barney the bike will no longer be the wonderful looking shade of Krylon purple either as my rattlecan paint job is kind of homely close-up...

The local paint store that sells PPG acrylic enamel tells me they will sell me a pint at a time! Wish me luck...
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Found a good site for paint stuff 22 Feb 2006 08:04 #25591

• KL250
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Please don't do acrylic enamel. That same store probably carries the OMNI line please paint it with
there MBC basecoat and MC clearcoat system especially if it's a metalic. you'll be much happier with the results. and it's way eaisier to spray as well.
This was my second paint job it's Sikkens Autobase basecoat with PPG DCU2042 over it. Come to think of it i probably have a quart of sikkens b/c in the color you want i'll let ya have for $25 it was probably $150 when I got it. Then all you would need is a quart of
clear and you would have a kick ass paint job for probably less than $100:( :ohmy: :ohmy:

Post edited by: KL250, at: 2006/02/22 11:07
Attachments:

Found a good site for paint stuff 22 Feb 2006 14:10 #25680

• wiredgeorge
  • User
  • Thank you received: 44
Kurt... Is the green in the picture the "basecoat" and then you clear over the top? How long has the extra paint been sitting? Is it that green shade or red?

I also am curious about your comments re the acrylic enamel. I did quite a bit of reading and it appeared to give about the best cost vs ease of use as noted on painting boards and such. If you have done two paint jobs, was your first using acrylic enamel (also supposed to be very durable with a quick flash time).

Anyway, looking forward to your comments. I do like the shade of green you have on that tank. Drop me a note as I am seriously looking for advice at this stage... This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Post edited by: wiredgeorge, at: 2006/02/22 17:11
wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Found a good site for paint stuff 22 Feb 2006 19:24 #25757

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
I used to shoot acrylic enamel alot....DuPont Centari with a hardner added. Stuff went on good, covered good, and seems like 24 hrs or so after could unmask and go.
Cant remember air pressure used tho......been a loooong time. I kinda wish that stuff was still around....or is it?
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

Found a good site for paint stuff 22 Feb 2006 19:33 #25765

• wireman
  • Visitor
ive still got some imron left no centari though,everything is going enviromentally friendly these days!:(

Found a good site for paint stuff 22 Feb 2006 20:28 #25772

• mykznme
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
without lights or an oven unmask time should be about 6-8 hours. 24 would be considered full cure and could result in cracking unless you cut all your tape lines.:)

R.I.P. Odd Ivar

• Page: