help..what to do...help

• FireFighterRon
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
22 Jun 2008 17:06 #221559 by FireFighterRon
help..what to do...help was created by FireFighterRon
ok on my engine i am trying to make it shin it looks old and ugly. Its a 1983 KZ 1100 .. its off the bike to get cleaned and tuneduped while the rest of the bike gets painted...... the question is i have tryed many diff ways to shin up the alum. parts but its starting to look worce then when i started.
I am kicking my self in the A$$ for messing with it..... what if i painted the block black and left the jugs .... what temp does the diff parts of the engine get to be when riding and standing still...... is it good to paint it or just keep trying to shin....?????

FROM THE PICTURE THE 4 COVERS ARE CHROMED... AND THE PARTS IN BLUE INK ARE THE AREAS I THINKING ABOUT PAINTING BLACK... AND OTHER IDEAS.

thanks guys
dont know whatto do anymore (Ron)

Instructions for riding a KZ1100 1) sit on bike, 2) start bike and idle till warm, 3) pull in clutch, put in gear, 4) release clutch and rip on the throttle, 5)VERY IMPORTANT!!HOLD THE F*** ON!!!, 6) Enjoy!! Side effects may include whiplash, wrinkle free skin and an evil smile resembling the"Joker"
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jun 2008 17:44 - 22 Jun 2008 17:45 #221562 by quader98
Replied by quader98 on topic help..what to do...help
before you decide to paint it why dont you do a search on the forums and see how everyone else got theres looking sharp

Ernie from central jersey
82 GPZ 750 R1
looking to part out my 81 KZ750E2
Last edit: 22 Jun 2008 17:45 by quader98.

More
26 Jun 2008 21:42 #222446 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic help..what to do...help
Paint it black!!!

Look into powder-coating.

I have painted mine high-temp rattle-can black three times. It does not seem to take well to cleaning, it seems to kill the paint.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you