Mounting Brackets for Memphis Shades

More
17 May 2008 10:11 - 17 May 2008 10:27 #214181 by KYKZ1100
Mounting Brackets for Memphis Shades was created by KYKZ1100
Guys,
I'd like to try a Memphis Shades Alley Cat sport shield on my 1981 KZ1100A but don't see any KZs listed on their fitment charts. I'd rather have a fork mount than the handlebar mount. Has anyone found a Memphis Shades sport shield bracket that fits a KZ? I'm not sure why none of the fork-mounted windshields fit a KZ - are the turn signals in the way, or is the headlight bracket too close to the forks, or are the instruments in the way? Here's a picture of the current set-up.

1981 KZ1100A1 Shaft
2007 BMW R1200R
Attachments:
Last edit: 17 May 2008 10:27 by KYKZ1100. Reason: Add picture

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
17 May 2008 12:28 #214194 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic Mounting Brackets for Memphis Shades
The reason you'll never find a Memphis Shades shield (and many other brands) specifically listed as fitting any KZ model, is simply because the KZ's (except for the Police model) haven't been manufactured/offered since the mid-80's here in the USA.
Most companies have tailored what they offer to the "cruiser" crowd, which is currently where the big money for accessories is.

There's likely a M.S. or other brand shield that will be a direct bolt-on for your bike, but obviously won't be listed as fitting such.
I'd suggest taking measurements of where you'd like to mount the M.S. hardware on your bike, then see if you can find measurements for a particular kit that will work.
Or you could always just fab up a mounting system for the shield you want. ;)

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.