Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Why Blue? 31 Jan 2006 22:00 #20845

• tganek
  • tganek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
I picked up a KZ900 several years ago. It is an Austin Healey blue. Since then I have seen many more Kaws all painted the same color. Listed on eBay, Craigslist, everywhere... even a few here. Considering all the colors of the rainbow I was just wondering why so many are painted this exact color...?

any insight as to why???

Post edited by: tganek, at: 2006/02/01 01:02
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 05:39 #20868

• wireman
  • Visitor
ive got a couple of blue ones,a red one,a black one and a couple others waiting to be painted.these old bikes look good just a bout any color!my blue 74 Z1 is on the front of Z1 gallery,ive also got a red on red a2 in front of kz1000 gallery thats getting torn down again and painted all burgandy this time around take a look and tell me what you think of blue im gonna terror that one down again to to build a turbo bike out of it! goodluck,happy wrenching:whistle:

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 09:07 #20891

• Rickman
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hey, that looks about the same as my Dupli-color Toyota blue.
Blue's much better than purple with rust. It's probably just a common favorite color, don't overanalyze it. My favorite so far is Sandracer's black with kawasaki-green flames...
1983 KZ1100-L1 "LTD Shaft"
Wiseco 10.5:1 1171 piston kit, bored by APE
Dyna 2000, Dyna S, Dyna grey coils, WG coil power mod, CB900 starter

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 09:41 #20898

• tganek
  • tganek's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
Like the red on red. The blue on blue looks good too. I'd go with yellow.:)

Here is what I'm thinking this week for my 900.

Attachments:

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 09:55 #20902

• rstnick
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
Blue's my favorite color, so when it came time to repaint, blue it was.

Post edited by: rstnick, at: 2006/02/01 12:58
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s
Attachments:

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 10:30 #20910

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
Blue's my favorite too. It seems like most models where color was optional, they sold a lot more blue. Like a 1978 KZ650 in blue or orange. I don't seem to see that many motorcycles repainted blue though, every one I see is black. I have nothing against any color, but if you must repaint for goodness sake at least add some pinstripes or something. There is nothing uglier in this world than a motorcycle repainted with just a single color blasting out at you. Makes them look like the owner just went to Walmart, bought a 10 gallon tub of paint, dipped the body panels in and was done.
321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 13:17 #20943

• wireman
  • Visitor
thats why you paint small parts black,and add lots of nice shiny things to break it up. wal-mart paint?ouch,that really hurt! it was kmart dont you remember howed yours turn out?the trick is to use the one coat brushes from menards but dont worry you can still sand out those brush marks with one of those sponge sanding blocks from home depot use the walmart brand clear ,put it on with a foam paintbrush from lowes

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/02/01 16:25

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/02/01 16:53

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/02/01 16:54:angry:

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/02/01 17:01

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 13:33 #20946

• wireman
  • Visitor
ron:is there anything special about your bikes that makes them look any differant than all the other ones that rolled off the assembly line,custom pinstripes?:whistle:

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 14:26 #20954

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
To answer your question Wireman, Ron owns a time machine and when he wants a different bike he goes back to the 70's and picks it up.

Seriously though the pics Ive seen on Rons bikes are amazing and from the comments he used to share on repaints his are all original paintjobs.

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 14:29 #20955

• RonKZ650
  • User
  • Thank you received: 237
Nope, just the stock Kawasaki paint. I can't remember any Kawasaki from the factory ever being painted just one basic color with nothing to break it up. Just doesn't look right to me anyway, but as I said I'm a little different than most. I'm very definate in things I "like" and things I "hate". Very little grey area in between. I'd have to say "I hate" bikes painted one color without anything else in the paint to break it up. Hey, I'm getting better, I didn't say all repaints are bad, just some methods in particular. You guys do what you want with your bike's.
wireman wrote:

ron:is there anything special about your bikes that makes them look any differant than all the other ones that rolled off the assembly line,custom pinstripes?:whistle:

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 14:30 #20956

• ltdrider
  • User
  • Thank you received: 17
My personal fave is red. I've always heard that a cop is more likely to pull you over if you're in a red car. Maybe that's just an urban myth. But I wonder if red m/c's get more tickets than blue ones?
'76 KZ900 LTD (Blaze)
'96 Voyager XII (Dark Star)
'79 KZ650 Cafe Project (Dirty Kurt)
Greensboro, NC

Why Blue? 01 Feb 2006 14:53 #20961

• wireman
  • Visitor
red is nice too,but the red a2 with the GOLD PINSTRIPING is going to be burgandy with WHITE PINSTRIPING next time around. its been been red in one form or another since 1978,time for a change!i got more tickets with the 1428 back when it was green 1197 than any other bike.got mad and told cop who was bugging me one night when i was actually being a good boy that i was going to give him 1428 reasons to screw with me and i was going to put a turbo on it,had to back it up of course!maybe ill dig up some bodywork for that bike and get it running again,excuse me officer!bwaha:whistle:

• Page: