• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
05 Apr 2008 14:05 #204459 by Qdude
Short-cuts are for chumps!! was created by Qdude
And I am a class A chump.

I painted my tail with my tank. I had used an abrasive wheel on a drill to get at the pinstriping. It left furrows in the plastic that I painted over.

Well, I got the rest of the body parts needed from my crash, and decided that I would fix those furrows while I was painting the new parts. I spot sanded, bondo'ed and layed on the sandable primer really thickly. And guess what kids. It was a disaster.

The new clear coat from the freshly painted and not stripped tail was way too soft to do any feather sanding to, so when I tried, it came up in gummy glops that acted like rubber cement. The surface looked like a topographical map of the Hawaiian Island chain. And I had run out of Scotch....

Any how, I ended up sanding the whole thing off (after trying to salvage the job for "a bit 'o time)and started from scratch again. YAY!!!

Short-cuts are for chumps. Well this chump plans to learn from his fornicate-ups. Ergo, I will NEVER try that excrement again. :cheer:

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.