rattle canning tank.

• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
07 Mar 2008 12:49 #198949 by Qdude
Replied by Qdude on topic rattle canning tank.
Yea, a bit late. But you know how these projects go. Gotta learn by experience.

Looks like it will be a three coater. Had some pretty good dings to fill in and one has a pretty good ridge built up. So be it. I will just add a little contour is all. I figure I am doing this just to get the keyscratched name of the prior owner out of the paint anyhow. Getting the dings out is a bonus. That and the fact that I crashed the bike recently. Perfection is not my highest priority.

Fortunately my High School car was a rusted out 67 Malibu. So I have tons of dubious experience with a torch and Bondo. I will get the concavedness out of the finish.

Off to work-work now. I'll get some more Bondo on tomorrow morning. Cant wait to paint, but I will wait.......

Cheers all.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter
Honda Metro 85 mpg Scooter. Dont laugh I will throw it at you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
08 Mar 2008 11:30 #199065 by Qdude
Got the final layer of Bondo on now, figure that I will be painting primer tomorrow.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Crashed-Repaired, Pods, Kerker pipe, re-wired core bundle, lamp upgraded, homemade rectifier, solid state regulator , Dyna-s ignition, repainted, slightly modified, year-round commuter

• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
17 Mar 2008 01:39 #200515 by Qdude
I am close enough to getting the engine running now that I layed on a couple coats of paint. Dammit if I didn't pick up the wrong can at one point and add a strong layer of black primer to the right side.

Sanded the tail and the headlamp bucket and painted them as well.

Gonna get the pipes, again with high temp black..

I could have done better with the prep work, but I felt that I was spinning my wheels after a while. I had sanded, added more primer, sanded again, found little faults, etc.. I thought that what I had done was good enough, and not being a pro, I am content.

Looks great so far. Will try to figure out how to get pics posted.

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.

• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
09 Apr 2008 16:41 #205274 by Qdude

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Attachments:

• Qdude
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • It is all good.
More
09 Apr 2008 16:42 #205276 by Qdude

Got 'er done !!

77 KZ 650 C1.
77 KZ 650 C1.
Attachments:

More
09 Apr 2008 17:50 #205293 by ronjones
Replied by ronjones on topic rattle canning tank.
Looks good, Dude, I like the color :)

'82 KZ750 CSR, M1 twin. Mac 2-1 exhaust, K&N pods, 17tooth drive sprocket, Mikuni BS-34 carbs w/#47.5 pilot jet and #125 main jet, Canadian XS650 needlejetjet needle, Wired George's coil mod.
Barrak, Nancy and Harry says: Welcome to the United Soviet States of America, Comrades

More
10 Apr 2008 02:50 #205367 by HerrDeacon
Replied by HerrDeacon on topic rattle canning tank.
Looks great Qdude, good work.