stripe paint codes

• kz1000g megasquirting
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • I chrome plate smaller items, pm for info.
More
03 Dec 2007 18:48 #183748 by kz1000g megasquirting
stripe paint codes was created by kz1000g megasquirting
Hey guys, I've got red and orange stripes running around the chrome plate/side covers on the side of my g. Anyone know of an equivalent hok color for these? I've got a local place that will match colors via a computerized "eyeball", but hoping to save the charge.

Thanks in advance.
-Jimmy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2007 19:50 #183765 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic stripe paint codes
Unless they are wide stripes, am thinking most automotive paint/trim shops keep on hand a wide variety of striping tapes in various sizes and colors. Perhaps a close enough example could be matched for the sidecover. :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• kz1000g megasquirting
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Dec 2007 12:54 #183875 by kz1000g megasquirting
Replied by kz1000g megasquirting on topic stripe paint codes
Thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking of painting them origionally, but the stripe tape may be a little quicker. There is some gap between where the stripes lie on the tank and side cover, so a shade here or there different shouldn't matter. I don't know where the double post came from, sorry everyone. Thanks again.

• kz1000g megasquirting
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
05 Dec 2007 12:55 #183876 by kz1000g megasquirting
Replied by kz1000g megasquirting on topic stripe paint codes
Thanks for the suggestion, I was thinking of painting them origionally, but the stripe tape may be a little quicker. There is some gap between where the stripes lie on the tank and side cover, so a shade here or there different shouldn't matter. I don't know where the double post came from, sorry everyone. Thanks again.