Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

xs750 tank on kz 650 frame? 24 Jan 2006 09:01 #19626

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
I think I am going with a different tank. In a few weeks i will make my final choice. If i go with another tank then you can have dibs on this one. It is not pefect but I think it can used. The inside is pretty rough. I am going to give it an acid wash and see how it cleans up. There is a small rust spot above on one the emblems but no big deal. The bottom where it rests on the frafe is pretty beat up. i went at it with a hammer to take care of a small cleareance problem :ohmy: . You can't see it anyway so no big deal. I will let you know. I really wasn't sure what bike this was off of. I got this bike in a load of bikes I picked up. I know it is an 82 but everyhting else on the id plate in worn away. I still have the tail piece and the front fairing. Not sure if I will use them or not. Rest of the bike is complete but pretty rough. I might steal some more stuff from it. The rest will get blasted, powder coated and put on ebay.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

xs750 tank on kz 650 frame? 24 Jan 2006 10:59 #19647

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
  • Thank you received: 2
Heres another Photo of mine. But I have done a bit of restoration work to it and Put the frontend back together properly, Now Just need the tank, seat & battery.
Im not going to make it shine since its just a rideable bike until I get the Kaw running again.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: