1982 KZ750 D ( I believe it is a D) - what side covers and tanks swap?

More
27 Oct 2007 12:18 #178371 by CruisingRam
Okay- bought an LTD side covers and tank from the same year ( I think they are- they could be 83 though) kz750- and nope- sidecovers and tank don't fit! Damn, Damn, Damn- this is a customer bike, and he bought them off e-bay on my advice, thinking it was the same- stupid mistake on my part- I will be putting those items on e-bay I guess:(

Okay- this is a 1982 KZ750, Shaft drive, and I think it is a spectre- so what will swap on to this one?

bonus questions- anyone have some halfway decent stuff that will fit they are willing to get rid of- cheap? :ohmy:

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
27 Oct 2007 14:42 #178385 by OKC_Kent
Probably just covers from another Spectre 750 shaft, or the '83 750 LTD Shaft. I'm looking for a cheap set myself.

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles

More
28 Oct 2007 07:00 #178480 by CruisingRam
Well, I know he LTD covers and tank DON'T work for sure! Wanna buy them off me for what I got into them? B)

1975 Z1 B 900- soon to be heavily modded
Pahoa, Hawaii is my new hom
I am working hard to save up the shipping money to get my shop opened here in Hawaii
I hate electrical stuff.

More
28 Oct 2007 10:07 #178523 by OKC_Kent
No I won't need to buy them, there are different LTD models in those years, chain driven and shaft driven. I think you may have picked up covers from the chain driven version.

The side cover panels on the chain LTD's are different from the 82-83 Shaft driven 750's, which are the LTD Shaft and Spectre.

We both need covers for a Shaft model, the only ones that may fit are the two models above.

BIG MAYBE; it's possible the shaft 1000 Spectre may fit, or the shaft driven 550, but I doubt it.

I sure wish there was a database file on covers for the KZ's, that would show fitment to other models. It's the paint codes that Kawasaki added to the part numbers that keep cross reference software from pulling up more matches.

Oklahoma City, OK
78 KZ650 B2 82,000+ miles