Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Brake Caliper Material??? 09 Jan 2006 19:46 #16987

• reborn650
  • reborn650's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Hey Y'all. Last spring I had my brake calipers (all three of them) professionally painted to match the paint job on my '77Kz 650 Custom. It looked pretty cool against my bead blasted rims. I am looking to find out what the caliper body is made of as I may consider changing to a bead blasted rough cast or polished look. Are they made of aluminum? I picked up another tank, sidecovers and tail piece as an extra set to swap occaisionally. The painted calipers kinda limits my alternative paint choices.
Cheers-Colin Firth, Ontario Canada

1977 KZ650 Custom. Brought back from the dead after 13 years of neglect. Totally rebuilt from frame up. Wiseco 700 kit. Ported, polished heads. Triple angle valve job. Properly re-jetted rebuilt carbs, Filters, MAC Pipe, Barnett Clutch, Shortened Signal Light Stalks, Sculpted Seat, Painted Speedo/Tach Collars and Brake Calipers, Recessed Licence Plate, Polished Headlight Bucket, Bridgestones, Bead blasted rims, 14 tooth sprocket front, Superbike Bars, Painted 2005 Chrysler Magnum Red with silver and gold stripes. Only 13,000 miles on bike. Runs and looks like new and does it ever jump off the line!
-1977 Kz650 Custom bought new by brother. Now with 810 kit, GPz750 cams, intake valves, Mikuni 29 smoothbores, velocity stacks, Dyna Igntion, MAC pipe and other goodies.
-1982 Ferrari 308 GTSi Red/Tan
-Toyota FJ Cruiser - 6 speed tank
-2010 Mazda CX-7 Turbo (my bride's)
-1998 Jeep TJ Wrangler 4.0...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brake Caliper Material??? 09 Jan 2006 19:48 #16988

• wireman
  • Visitor
CAST ALUMINUM!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: