Side covers - keep falling off 1978 KZ650B

More
04 Sep 2007 19:27 #168586 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic Side covers - keep falling off 1978 KZ650B
Jessz1 wrote:

Wierd, I have a 140 MPH dragbike and they don't fall off.... Must have an extra tight fitting set.:P

However, my strretbike they do fall off on but I haven't replaced the origional grommets yet. We will see what happens...

ive had a few wicked bikes over the years myself and yes i have lost em before at well under 140B) never had this one wound up to 140 but it would wind its way to 125 faster than most people would like.oops picture wont fit!

Post edited by: PLUMMEN, at: 2007/09/04 22:28:(

Post edited by: PLUMMEN, at: 2007/09/04 22:29

Still recovering,some days are better than others.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Sep 2007 20:01 #168598 by RonKZ650
Replied by RonKZ650 on topic Side covers - keep falling off 1978 KZ650B
All the KZs I've had and all the miles, I've never had one fall off yet, even at 180 mph. OK exagerate a little,:P still never had one come off yet. Normally you can tell long before they fall off because they will snap on real loose from bad grommets. It's usually when removing a cover, you'll notice when reinstalling it, it doesn't snap into place, then it's time for a new grommet. I doubt very often, once it snaps on all tight, the grommet turns bad and releases the cover into the air. At least in my experience, once they snap on good, they are there to stay. Sure hope so anyway, as I've never given it a second thought thanks to never losing one thank goodness.

321,000 miles on KZ's that I can remember. Not going to see any more.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.