Engine guard

More
05 Aug 2007 13:39 #161902 by RockstarCK
Engine guard was created by RockstarCK
Okay, so I just bought my first bike (an '82 KZ1000 K LTD) and I'm trying to beef it up with a few things but can't find any specific parts for the bike. I have found an engine guard for KZ1000 J models and was wondering if it would be compatible with my bike. Or if anyone knew about the compatibility with KZ900 or KZ1100 engine guards. Any help would be greatly appreciated since I really just don't have any idea about this stuff yet.

Post edited by: RockstarCK, at: 2007/08/05 16:47

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Aug 2007 13:47 #161906 by Theophilus
Replied by Theophilus on topic Engine guard
I dealt with similar stuff with my KZ550 LTD.

Seems like cables are mainly the only thing that isn't cross compatable between different models.

I could be totally wrong. Did you find the guards on ebay, or where you can hold em and sight them.

Also, find a picture of an '82 LTD with them on. Sadly, I passed up two, hard to find pairs for my bike because I couldn't figure out how they fit and therefore surmised they wouldn't. Keep that between you an me. :)

More
05 Aug 2007 13:51 #161907 by RockstarCK
Replied by RockstarCK on topic Engine guard
Unfortunately I found them on ebay and both auctions end in a couple days, so I'm kinda short on time. It's been frustrating over the last couple months trying to figure out what I can find...or can't! Thanks for the help.

And don't worry...your secret's safe with me! hahaha