KZ1000P Sidecovers

More
24 Jul 2007 19:37 #159372 by liliysdad
KZ1000P Sidecovers was created by liliysdad
Does anyone know if sidecovers off of any other bike will fit the P-series? I am in desperate need of a right hand sidecover, butthese seem to be made of gold.

Perhaps a Spectre, or later bike? Even an aftermarket source would be helpful, even is they bolt on as opposed to held on by grommets.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Aug 2007 02:59 #161674 by ReverendFranz
Replied by ReverendFranz on topic KZ1000P Sidecovers
I have my original side covers, so i couldnt tell you for sure, but i know ive seen a cop bike with regular kz1000 logos on its side covers, here, on this site, so it cant be too hard to figure out. maybe message allshookup and ask if his side covers still have the decal in the inside that might tell you more about the specific year they came off of.

In practice though, i didnt think there was much of a difference between any of the kz four frames, so i would just try and pick up some cheap ebay ones, and they would probably fit with a minimum of tweaking. Older is probably the better match, as the Police bike didnt really change the entire series, where the civvy might have.

If you need a picture of the original to maybe compare to something on ebay, drop me a line.
gl

More
04 Aug 2007 05:30 #161679 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic KZ1000P Sidecovers

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

More
05 Aug 2007 08:50 #161847 by liliysdad
Replied by liliysdad on topic KZ1000P Sidecovers
Well, i just bought this one, hopefully it will fit.

cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...L=1#ebayphotohosting

Apparently, the right side is falls off easily, as they are harder to find, and more expensive when they do pop up. I am going to look into affixing it with a nut and bolt to keep it from coming off again unless I want it to.

More
08 Aug 2007 20:56 #162668 by Allshookup
Replied by Allshookup on topic KZ1000P Sidecovers
My side covers are from a Police Bike not sure what year though. I do think that any KZ that has a "J" motor should work. I kept searching ebay and got my covers for around $50 for the pair.