Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

GPz1100 bodywork interchangeable... 02 Jan 2006 10:28 #15652

• Fossil
  • Fossil's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Wondering if the tank, seat, sidecovers and tail piece from another model would fit an '83 GPz1100?
Thinking of earlier (maybe '82 GPz) body work fitted to the Unitrak frame, painted green for a EL Rep style Streetfighter.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

GPz1100 bodywork interchangeable... 02 Jan 2006 10:42 #15656

• Mcdroid
  • User
  • Gone Kwackers
  • Thank you received: 304
Fossil, I am unaware of anyone swapping bodywork between the KZ and ZX lines for your suggested project. Certainly, I have seen '83/4 GPz1100's painted to resemble ELRs, but they always used existing bodywork. I suppose with enough patience and craftmanship, anything is possible...but it certainly wouldn't be an easy thing. The fastening points are really different for all the body parts of these two bikes...but then again, I'm not sure anyone has tried to do what you propose:lol:...it might work (but not easily)? Find someone with an '81/2 to do some quick mock-ups with your bike. OR find someone with a 1982 and figure out which measurements you need and have that person do some measurements for you!! HINT HINT

Post edited by: Mcdroid, at: 2006/01/02 13:44
Michael
Alvin, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

GPz1100 bodywork interchangeable... 02 Jan 2006 11:03 #15658

• Fossil
  • Fossil's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 5
Mcdroid wrote:

Fossil, I am unaware of anyone swapping bodywork between the KZ and ZX lines for your suggested project. Certainly, I have seen '83/4 GPz1100's painted to resemble ELRs, but they always used existing bodywork. I suppose with enough patience and craftmanship, anything is possible...but it certainly wouldn't be an easy thing. The fastening points are really different for all the body parts of these two bikes...but then again, I'm not sure anyone has tried to do what you propose:lol:...it might work (but not easily)? Find someone with an '81/2 to do some quick mock-ups with your bike. OR find someone with a 1982 and figure out which measurements you need and have that person do some measurements for you!! HINT HINT<br><br>Post edited by: Mcdroid, at: 2006/01/02 13:44

Thanks McDroid, I got the HINT! If I do intend to go ahead with this idea, I'll get back to you for some measurements. Thanks, I appreciate the offer. The problem is, I'm on call for work today, can't really get started on anything, got way too much time on my hands and the mind begins to wander, daydream....hey, what if?...

• Page: