High Temp black, not high temp enough

More
05 Jun 2007 10:11 #146524 by Windweaver
Replied by Windweaver on topic High Temp black, not high temp enough
I used the Duplicolor High Temp with Ceramic (1200 degree.) No problems so far. I let it cure for a day then let the bike idle for about 5 minutes, then put the bike away for the night. So far it is holding up just fine.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Oct 2007 14:22 #175920 by pshaw
Replied by pshaw on topic High Temp black, not high temp enough
I painted the pipes on mine used a pot belly wood stove paint. worked good,better then rust.

1976 kz ltd 900

• BoZ650
  • User
  • 77 KZ650 with 4 to1 and pods,Dyna Coil and Dyna S
More
12 Oct 2007 14:31 #175921 by BoZ650
Replied by BoZ650 on topic High Temp black, not high temp enough
I used VHT Ceramic header paint.Worked well for me.But you gotta make sure you degrease and sand pipes real well or any paint you use is gonna flake right off.By sanding it makes little groves that allows the paint to "bite"and adhear correctly.Also as far as baking the can has directions on doing that on the bike.Let the pipes heat up and cool down a few times to allow the paint to cure properly!

77 KZ650 With 4 into 1 header,Air pods,Dyna Green coils,Dyna S Ignition and WiredGeorge coil mod!

• BoZ650
  • User
  • 77 KZ650 with 4 to1 and pods,Dyna Coil and Dyna S
More
12 Oct 2007 14:33 #175922 by BoZ650
Replied by BoZ650 on topic High Temp black, not high temp enough
I used VHT Ceramic header paint.Worked well for me.But you gotta make sure you degrease and sand pipes real well or any paint you use is gonna flake right off.By sanding it makes little groves that allows the paint to "bite"and adhear correctly.Also as far as baking the can has directions on doing that on the bike.Let the pipes heat up and cool down a few times to allow the paint to cure properly!

77 KZ650 With 4 into 1 header,Air pods,Dyna Green coils,Dyna S Ignition and WiredGeorge coil mod!