exhaust

More
25 Apr 2007 21:51 #134062 by CBerryment
exhaust was created by CBerryment
Hey boys and girls;

I am trying to spiff up the kz for another summer... as a student though, I cant afford a total refurb. But I gotsa impress the ladies ya know!

I have a 77 kz750-B2... But it has a funky kz750-k??? exhaust on it... whats more, they are gross... a little rust, one is missing the plate thing at the weld between the pipe and muff. One has black stuff melted onto it that doesnt like to come off... The chrome is a little scratched and dulled too...

My question is this... I love chrome... And I love the amount of it the KZ is supposed to have, but do yall think a black painted exhaust would be better since I cant really afford to the time and money to keep these as good as they deserve? Once I make some money I want to buy new exhausts anyhow... Thanks for your opinion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Apr 2007 21:56 #134063 by austin3119
Replied by austin3119 on topic exhaust
Absolutely, get those pipes blasted and put on a fresh coat of black. I'm sure some members can reccomend some high temp paint for that. I think Z1 Enterprises has some PJ1 that will work well. When you have some money go out and get a nice new set. I'm with you on the chrome it looks nice, but I was in College once too, and I know how money can be tight.

Good luck.

More
25 Apr 2007 22:15 #134067 by Sandy
Replied by Sandy on topic exhaust
Simple fix...quit college,and go for the new CHROME!!

You'll get all the edjukashon You need,just working on the Kawi!:laugh:

1977 KZ1000 A-1