seat woes

More
24 Apr 2007 22:49 #133693 by pollocksn
seat woes was created by pollocksn
Ok I got a seat of ebay from a 650. What it really was, was a seat from a 750. That is what the insurance card in the seat said. So my question is what seats will fit my 79 Kz650? This is the last piece I need to finish up the new body. I need to kow what years to look for and what different models will fit. I now the SR is a bit different but what makes it different? How can I know for sure which model of the Kz do I have? I think I have a C but am not sure. If you can help it will be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2007 23:14 #133697 by rattler
Replied by rattler on topic seat woes
as for figureing out what bike you have, you can go to buykawasaki.com and under owener info you can type in your bikes vin number located on the neck of the frame and it should tell you wich model it is.

as for what seat works on a 650 sorry i cant help there im sure some of the 650 gurues around kzr can help you there.

More
24 Apr 2007 23:16 #133698 by pollocksn
Replied by pollocksn on topic seat woes
Ok I have another request for you guys. I am trying to figure out what I am working with. So if you could take some pics of your seat and the hinges. I can not for the life of me figure out what I have. If any of you have read my other posts my back came with that wierd body kit on it. I need to find out what seatpan I need to get. I need to know where your hinges are in relation to the batery box and what model you guys have. The seatpan I have now does not line up at all so im off to search for a new one.

More
24 Apr 2007 23:30 #133700 by pollocksn
Replied by pollocksn on topic seat woes
Rattler that site was a real help. I figured out I have a 1979 kz custom C3. Now I only have to find a seat with the number 53001-1194. It looks like the flat one with the belt that goes around it.

More
25 Apr 2007 05:31 - 03 Dec 2008 12:53 #133736 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 03 Dec 2008 12:53 by JMKZHI.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
25 Apr 2007 05:49 #133744 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic seat woes
The part number cross-reference is a good start, but don't limit your searching to only the models it shows as exact matches for any particular part.
Example:
Kawi makes two front master cylinders that are identical in every aspect, except one is coated black while the other is bare metal - yep, you guessed it, diff part numbers. And the kicker is that the cross-reference listing may only show the bare one as fitting a bike you're wanting to put it on, but the coated one won't show since that bike has a bare metal theme to it.
There are more than just a few examples of this scenario, which can make finding a part that fits a slight headache at times.

The seats from the following years and models are a direct bolt-on to your bike:
'77~'79 KZ650B
'77~'79 KZ650C (Custom)
'80 KZ650F (Custom)

The KZ650D (SR) seat won't fit without a bit of "tweaking" - not only is the foam shaped differently, the pan and mounts are also slightly diff.

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ