Rattlecan repaint

More
22 Oct 2005 07:53 #3416 by GargantuChet
Replied by GargantuChet on topic Rattlecan repaint
:blink: I haven't heard of any electric guns for automotive work. If you're talking about a Wagner house painter, I'd probably steer clear, as I don't know if I trust plastic to stand up to some of the chemicals involved in painting (and cleanup after painting).

I'd be surprised if a house painter could lay it on thin enough to not run the paint.

Just offhand thoughts, but I could be wrong.

EDIT: If karma were still around, I'd bump your karma up for even thinking of it. That's creativity!

Post edited by: GargantuChet, at: 2005/10/22 10:54

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2005 08:00 #3419 by Mcdroid
Replied by Mcdroid on topic Rattlecan repaint
John68:

The house was built in the mid-1960's and has one outlet (with freezer, washer and clothes dryer plugged into it) in the garage. There is no dedicated circuit for the garage and the electrics are a mess. Near as I can figure, the central air, and a group of lights and other miscellanea, and the single plug in the garage are on the circuit.

How about an electric model paint gun?...modelers are very particular about painting...have you heard anything about these?

Post edited by: Mcdroid, at: 2005/10/22 11:01

Michael
Victoria, Texas

1982 GPz750
1977 KZ1000A
1978 KZ1000A
1982 GPz1100
1975 Z2A

More
22 Oct 2005 08:19 #3421 by John68
Replied by John68 on topic Rattlecan repaint
ouch!
Yeah those model paintguns, or airbrushes do not put down enough material to do an entire piece, such as a sidecover. I have a paasche airbrush and it's about worthless for anything big.
I'll check into those compressors and that electric spraying rig. they say it has a fluid tip size of 0.70" That's rediculous, can't possibly be, so I am gonna check elsewhere for that info. nearest I can figure is that they meant 0.07" tip size, because that would put it at 1.7mm or there-about. 0.70" would mean a 17mm tip size, and if you have a 17mm socket laying around, you'd quickly see that a needle and tip that big would be able to birth a newborn child, rather than lay on a smooth coat of paint. (well, that's a bit of an exaggerration, but dang it, they started it!)

I'll let you know how the 2gal works with a detail gun.

Chet,
You read my mind, I just typed it faster! hahaha! good to see you are up adn moving. feel like a drive out to Bob Tracey's World of Cycles this afternoon? :woohoo:

More
22 Oct 2005 08:34 #3423 by GargantuChet
Absolutely! I'll be over as soon as I can get out of here...

More
22 Oct 2005 11:26 #3440 by dannyg40
Replied by dannyg40 on topic Rattlecan repaint
John68,
Thanks for the info on using a air-brush. I thought about buying one thinking I would have more "control" over the paint for doing my bike in the winter. I might get a "touch up" gun, or pull out and clean my old "Binks No.7" gun I only used once about 20 years ago.

More
23 Oct 2005 06:11 #3575 by GargantuChet
If you try using your Binks, and it's really crusty, your local paint shop might be able to find parts to rebuild it, or they might be willing to dip and rebuild it for a reasonable fee.

More
29 Oct 2005 20:06 #5247 by indykaw77
Replied by indykaw77 on topic Rattlecan repaint
Man....I still wanna know how many cans for the tank, tail, and sidecovers:huh:

Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!