Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Duplicolor Metalcast 12 Dec 2005 15:00 #12798

• rstnick
  • rstnick's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 376
A while back I asked for suggestions on trying to match my Candy Apple Blue paint to the Fairing and Chin Scoop I bought, using a rattle can paint. Someone suggested Duplicolor Metalcast Paint, which comes in Blue. It's a semi clear paint painted over base metal, or a silver painted base coat. I used the Duplicolor Base Coat over the white chin scoop, then the Blue over top. I like the result I got, the match is not bad. I do need a bit of wet sanding and a recoat, but for a test on this small piece, I think I will use it on the Fairing as well.

In the pick below you can see the small pic at top of the white before, on the right side a small cutout of the Gas Tank for color comparisson, and the Blue Chin piece.
Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Duplicolor Metalcast 12 Dec 2005 15:38 #12808

• DanOz7Five0
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks good. I like the metalcast too. I actually used it over a blue metallic base on my bike. I want to layer different colors of metal cast this year and see what happens, some other idears up my sleeve to.

Duplicolor Metalcast 12 Dec 2005 17:53 #12832

• kawtoy
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
That is a pretty damn good match. Since the two peices are a few feet apart then I bet it will match perfectly.
Harley Davidson- Turning gas into noise without the harmful affects of horsepower for over 100 years.

Duplicolor Metalcast 13 Dec 2005 07:10 #12929

• ronboskz650sr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 0
Looks good Rob! Hey, just for info...we painted Chris's bike completely with metalcast red as the topcoat. Just so you know, it does get darker with subsequent coats, so definitely sand it before you add more coats if you like the match. Or, put all the coats on following the recoat instructions, then sand the whole piec and add water to check the match as you go down through the layers. The water makes it look the same as when it's buffed. Also, don't clear over it, especially with truck van and suv paint. The metalcast will easily withstand the lacquer (even though it's an enamel), but the lacquer (this lacquer) won't stand up to gas. I know it's the faring, but you never know. Our experience shows good gas resistance with the metalcast...just wish they made more colors.
It's over gold and gunmetal basecoats fded together..the design is siver and gunmetal. In the natural light, it's show quaility.

Post edited by: ronboskz650sr, at: 2005/12/13 10:13

Duplicolor Metalcast 14 Dec 2005 03:38 #13078

• indykaw77
  • User
  • Thank you received: 4
Good color match!!
Kawasaki Motorcycles...because cars lean th wrong way!

• Page: