Paint scheme

More
15 Jan 2007 16:29 #105907 by 2bskor
Paint scheme was created by 2bskor
I had enough of the custom paint BS. When I bought my KZ it was red with a red racing stripe ok but I seen it as a canvas and my airbrush and I went flaming:evil:

When I was sanding the tank it looks as if it was silver & charcoal originally and it is here I want to return.
I was able to find the name of the colors but just wondering if anyone has seen what color goes where and what color stripe seperates the two colors.

'79 KZ1000-E1 : ST

Kawasaki Part Cross Reference Software contains information for this bike.
Year & Model '79 KZ1000-E1:ST
Color(s) (1) Luminous Dark Red/Luminous Dark Maroon

(2) Black Pearl/Metallic Graystone
Frame No. Range KZTOOE-000101 - 009445
Engine No. Range KZTOOEE000101 - 009461
Engine No. Location RH top crankcase, below carburetor
Cylinder Mark 1.015L
Cylinder Mark Location Front RH corner
Engine Type 4-stroke, 4-cylinder, DOHC, Air cooled
Bore X Stroke 70.0 X 66.0 mm
Compression Ratio 8.7:1
Maximum HP 93 at 8000 rpm
Maximum Torque 9.1 kg-m at 6500 rpm

Return to Front Page

HOME | BIKE AND CD INFO | PARTS MANUAL CDS | SHOPPING CART | CONTACT INFO | INQUIRE
Zedder Enterprises

This site offers secure, encrypted ordering for your protection. Click here to find out moreBuilt using ecBuilder.

Post edited by: 2bskor, at: 2007/01/15 19:30

Post edited by: 2bskor, at: 2007/01/15 19:31

1979 KZ1000ST (Canadian) Electronic Ignition, 4 into 1 header,K&N air filter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2007 12:59 #106367 by wiredgeorge
Replied by wiredgeorge on topic Paint scheme
Sure. I have a side cover from both... the red bike was essentially dark red and the flat sides on the tank had a purple/red insert. There was a stripe(s) that ran around the insert. Almost every example of this paint scheme seems to be very weathered and faded/blistered. The black bike had a gray insert and purple stripe(s). I can look at some old body pieces up in my shop but strongly suggest you start hunting around the internet for pics of the bike when it was new. They often sell sales brochures. My ST is about the correct color (see project folder) as the red one but I didn't care for the purplish/red insert or stripes plus I am a newbie painter and didn't want to muck the red up.

wiredgeorge Motorcycle Carburetors
Mico TX
www.wgcarbs.com
Too many bikes to list!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.