78 kz650srd chain sprocket and such

More
15 Dec 2006 06:11 #99740 by rotinaj13
78 kz650srd chain sprocket and such was created by rotinaj13
LOL I have been a little busy in here thus far this morning. But hey what can I say I am finally enjoying shopping!! lol no shoes no clothing no chick stuff!!! lol just my bike my credit card and my bikes need for parts! lol Any how I am looking for both sprockets and a chain. I was just wondering what size chain? how many links? what kind of chain should I look for? how many teeth should the front and rear sprocket have? Also the damper that fits in the wheel between the wheel and the casting that holds the sprocket can I make one of these out of polly? If I can would there be any gains from making one out of polly? Thanks guys!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Dec 2006 06:32 #99742 by Bluemeanie
Replied by Bluemeanie on topic 78 kz650srd chain sprocket and such
Your bike may be different but mine is a 16/42 with a 102 link chain (530). I got my sprockets and x-ring chain from Z1 enterprises. Chain was about $85 and both sprockets were under $20 each. The rubber damper you speak of is available on ebay motors. I've seen new and used. Check with manual for proper sproket and chain size, I'm sure more people will come in on this...

1980 KZ650F1, Bought new out the door for $2,162.98!

More
15 Dec 2006 12:08 #99803 by kzwolfsr
Replied by kzwolfsr on topic 78 kz650srd chain sprocket and such
Yep, blue is right! but mine has 41 teeth in the rear but its close, small things. I also had the choice between 16 tooth or 17 in the front and as I heard, the chain is a 530 most of the time and Z1 is a good place, I got more stuff on there than I expected. Give me a U2U sometime if you have a question about your SR. Basically what you are going to do on your SR I have most likely done before,I almost have a brand new bike, except for tires and pistons and other metal parts in the engine. It might be best to rebuild your carbs also and get a fuel filter. I had to do mine twice, second time now, and I am getting used to it.Everyday a new problem!! Thats what I always say but its teaching me things, gotta love the bike

1979 KZ SR650, stock candy persimmon red and crossover pipes
1981 KZ 1000LTD with non stock and more comfortable handle bars and 4 into one V&H
Original man of the Caribbean

More
15 Dec 2006 14:54 #99837 by pumps
Replied by pumps on topic 78 kz650srd chain sprocket and such
If you don't have a service manual yet it is a good idea to get one. Usually you can find them on Amazon.com or ebay.

Check out our site. kcvjmc.org
1977 Yamaha XS650
2000 Kaw W650
2 KZ440 LTDs , a 79 KZ400H and an 83 Belt Drive

More
15 Dec 2006 18:09 #99882 by rotinaj13
Replied by rotinaj13 on topic 78 kz650srd chain sprocket and such
cool thank you! Yeah I will be buying a manual but not b4 i finish buying my first round of parts. I am allmost done buying the obvious things need the manual and need to check out the engine. Thanks guys that is great I am going to go and order my chain and sprokets!!