what fron brake & headlight can I swap kz650?

More
02 Dec 2006 17:40 #96894 by elcid
I have this KZ650 sitting around that I was going to make into a bobber but time & money won't allow that really. I got it with pretty low miles but I sold off many parts right away because I thought I wouldn't need them. Now I want to ride the bike as everyday rider but I have to go back & scavenge for parts. That's ok because I don't want the stock parts anyway. I want to get it back on the road for fairly cheap. I am looking for the following parts that will bolt on fairly easily to my kz650:

front brake master cylinder & caliper. What can I get from another bike that will be fairly cheap & even a smaller setup (can I have smaller master cylinder & double piston?). Anything bolt on from a sportbike? With matching clutch lever of course.

headlight. I am looking for something really basic that will mount from the bottom. I do not want ears.

And some aftermarket speedo possibly with integrated tach & idiot lights. This I would have to get new.

I will also need exhaust & seat but I know I have to get the correct exhaust for the bike & for the seat I think I am going to get a custom pan made.

That is all I can think of now. I guess this is turning into a bobber type but not as much of a show bike as I wanted.

All your help is appreciated!

PS here is an example of the look I am going for:

Post edited by: elcid, at: 2006/12/02 20:41

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 Dec 2006 14:46 #97084 by Werewolfx
Speedometer with integrated tach, turn signals and idiot lights

Tach signal comes from the negative feed to the coils I think, and the speedometer pickup will probably have to be a magnetic sensor. They come with one free pickup unit of any type they have, and the magnetic is universal.

Also, 2852 is the model number that has every indicator a KZ needs.

Post edited by: Werewolfx, at: 2006/12/03 17:47

Chris

More
04 Dec 2006 11:44 #97381 by elcid
Yeah I saw those. Those are nice except I am not sure I want digital. Now what front brake I can swap to my kz650. Caliper & master cylinder, lever etc.

Post edited by: elcid, at: 2006/12/04 14:48

More
04 Dec 2006 22:11 #97520 by elcid
Bump. anyone know what "newer" or sport bike front brake I can bolt right on kz650?

• scumbag
  • User
  • Lewd, Screwed, and Tattooed
More
05 Dec 2006 02:20 #97535 by scumbag
80's kz 750's seem to work nice if your gunna rock clubmans or any bent down bar for that matter...it keeps the resi flat..

but you prolly want newer..

sept.1976 kz650
1980 kz650

More
05 Dec 2006 05:20 - 03 Dec 2008 14:01 #97541 by JMKZHI
Replied by JMKZHI on topic .
del
Last edit: 03 Dec 2008 14:01 by JMKZHI.

More
05 Dec 2006 10:52 #97610 by elcid
Thanks for the response. I have no problem fabbing some sort of bracket. I just need to know which newer caliper will accept the thicker disc. That to me would seem to be the only problem.

Also I saw that headlight & I do not like it. I want a bottom mount. Do you know of any? Or do I get one & fab a mount?