Carbon Fibre Cafe Seat (or fb)

• xstreamcanadian
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Dec 2006 09:44 #96757 by xstreamcanadian
Carbon Fibre Cafe Seat (or fb) was created by xstreamcanadian
Does anyone have an interest in a carbob seat back? I am working on a mock up with a guy I met in the dog park near my house(sound weird I know) He is an old fabricator and bike lover and is retired. He says if I make him a mold then he will do all the work to make a female mold, and he says it is no big deal to fab one out of carbon or fibre glass. He is thinking of selling them after we come up with something and I was wondering if there would be any takers. I am thinking of one with a flip down storage compartment via a padded hinged piece at the rear of the seat. Does anyone also have any good pics of what they have created?

thanks

xc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Dec 2006 09:55 #96758 by kyradawg
Replied by kyradawg on topic Carbon Fibre Cafe Seat (or fb)
I for one would be stoked to have a set of factory fit plastics done up in carbon fibre for my 75Z1B. No real intrest in the cafe stuff but some carbon repops would be killer.

Peace&Love:evil: , Darren

More
02 Dec 2006 10:49 #96767 by rstnick
Replied by rstnick on topic Carbon Fibre Cafe Seat (or fb)
I'd love a single seat I could fit easily on the stock hinges, so I can swap to a two up seat when the need arises. I've been toying with ideas for a stock seat I have that's in bad shape. I'd like it to have a comfy padding, singal seat that flows into the stock tail section.

Rob
CANADA

Need a key for your Kawasaki? PM me

1978 KZ650 C2, 130K kms, Delkevic ex, EI, CVK32, PMC easy clutch, ATK fork brace, steering damper, braced swingarm, 18" Z1R front wheel.
2000 ZRX1100
2011 Ninja 250R
2005 z750s

• xstreamcanadian
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
02 Dec 2006 22:38 #96954 by xstreamcanadian
Replied by xstreamcanadian on topic Carbon Fibre Cafe Seat (or fb)
well he will be happy to hear that. I suspect it will be some time, as I am just ordering the caliper rebuild kits and steering bearings now and am about 70% through redoing my harness for the front so the headlight can go on, and I broke the glass in one of my gauges so I have to do up another one etc etc. The seat is planned for after the carbs(via wg in january) I have a pile of photos I have gathered off of the net, and I want to cut the foam down first, and do as the fabricator suggests and paper mache the back up first and then build a rough one for him to work on. I dont think the side covers would be hard for him, and that is a wicked idea, I have two full sets, one off of the SR and one off of the B. I will ask him to see if he can do that and let you know. that would look pretty sweet. I think too much carbon on my bike will ruin the era look I am going for though.