Brake & caliper swap

• crashoverrideplik
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
27 Nov 2006 18:57 #95475 by crashoverrideplik
Brake & caliper swap was created by crashoverrideplik
I have a 81 KZ 440 with the standard 19 inch front wheel. Is there any bigger brake rotors that bolt up? How about the calipers? My bike has a single disk on it. The forks have the brackets for a right side caliper. I would like to have 2 rotors up front, like what I'm used to on my sportbikes. Is there a right side caliper I can use? I have a ZX7 Master cylinder that I'll use when I mount up the drag bars. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Visitor
28 Nov 2006 03:07 #95568 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Brake & caliper swap
if it has the bolt holes in other side of hub how about just bolting another 440 rotor onfor dual discs?you just need to find calipers;)

• crashoverrideplik
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Nov 2006 19:59 #95838 by crashoverrideplik
Replied by crashoverrideplik on topic Brake & caliper swap
I mounted the other rotor tonight. What I was really looking for was there another caliper that would fit the right side of the bike. I've seen some listed for KZ 1000's that look like the same caliper, only mounted on the right. I took my stock caliper apart and found out that I can swap the mounting bracket around. The only issue is that the bleeder vlave is then in the wrong direction. It appears that Kawasaki fliped the bracket and drilled the bleeder valve in a different spot to make the right side.