Chains. non oring.

More
24 Nov 2006 18:50 #94662 by tnutz
Chains. non oring. was created by tnutz
who sells em to fit my kz1100 b1. my sprockets arent worn bad, but i plan to replace them the season after this one along with oring chain..but i would like to throw a new chain on there so i have some peace of mind. (chain doesn't seem worn to bad, but i still have no clue when it was done last.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Nov 2006 18:54 #94664 by neilage66
Replied by neilage66 on topic Chains. non oring.
Just figure out how many links make up your current chain...count 'em yerself or consult a Factory Service Manual for the info. Once you know that, search online or call around for a chain with the right number of links. Most folks here will tell you to replace the chain and sprockets at the same time so they "wear in" together and mesh properly.
Why not upgrade to an o-ring chain?
:)

More
24 Nov 2006 19:05 #94669 by tnutz
Replied by tnutz on topic Chains. non oring.
i plan to, not sure if i am keeping the bike to much longer, like i said sprockets don't seem to bad at all. but there is only like 2.5 notches left on the wear indicators on the swing arm. so i would like to do a chain now then when i have more money next winter after this one, i will do both sprockets with oring chain if i keep er.

Post edited by: tnutz, at: 2006/11/24 22:07

More
24 Nov 2006 19:13 #94672 by neilage66
Replied by neilage66 on topic Chains. non oring.
Those marks on the swingarm aren't necessarily indicators of chain wear, they just allow you to see that the rear wheel is near lined up square.
I replaced my sprockets and chain with stock sizes last winter and I am currently lined up at exactly 2.5 marks from the rear so no worries there. :)

More
24 Nov 2006 23:37 #94736 by tnutz
well, the chain doesn't look bad, so i think i will just clean er up well and re lube!

More
25 Nov 2006 16:40 #94875 by tnutz
well, found a non oring 630 for a good price, i will use it for this season coming up..then order new sprockets and a good oring chain..maybe this one again depending how it holds up...i plan to clean it and lube it frequently.

More
28 Nov 2006 11:21 #95661 by darkwolf29a
Replied by darkwolf29a on topic Chains. non oring.
Have you spoken to Jeff, at Z1?

He can help you, most likely. :)

www.z1enterprises.com

Jeff knows everything, I swear. :)

More
30 Nov 2006 18:39 #96369 by tnutz
i actually ordered from dennis kirk.