swingarm progress pics,need some info

More
25 Nov 2006 18:13 #94908 by spinalator
Replied by spinalator on topic swingarm progress pics,need some info
Fooey, the online fiches do not list the sizes I have seen. Looks like M10 and sounds like an M10 but cant confirm.

She suggested crotchrocket.com, but I can not see any sizes for the bolts.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
25 Nov 2006 18:18 #94911 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic swingarm progress pics,need some info
bummer im gonna have to chase down a a pair of shocks to measure,thanks for trying though!B)

More
26 Nov 2006 09:04 #95043 by spinalator
Replied by spinalator on topic swingarm progress pics,need some info
I hope you are getting this beast together, I will cut and paste the suzuki-guru's last email to me.

The diameter of the shock-bolts on my katana (GS, not GSXF) is indeed 10mm - and I'm 99% sure that the later GS-1100 was the same - but I would not bet
my life on it.

...for an idea about how to locate the holes for his shocks - he needs to fit the swingarm into his KZ frame and then locate the mounts on the swingarm to work with the top-mounts on his existing frame... reason being that the shocks are going to be mounted to the KZ frame at the top-mount and the optimum location of the lower-mounts will probably differ from the OEM location on the GS swingarm anyway.

I am curious though - is this gonna be a streetbike that sees dragstrip duty? If it's gonna be a dedicated dragbike, why not just use struts and a
wheelie-bar with a slick?

I had the same question but was too polite to ask! ;)

• wireman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
26 Nov 2006 09:14 #95046 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic swingarm progress pics,need some info
a very high strung streetbike:evil: one of those just because ive got a bunch of stuff laying around projects!:woohoo: :Pive got the mounting location figured out it get built into the extensions just wasnt sure about diameter of bolt hole,does she know the distance from center of hole to top edge of swingarm?;)

Post edited by: wireman, at: 2006/11/26 12:17