1982 EDDIE LAWSON

More
23 Nov 2006 09:54 #94311 by jim knight
1982 EDDIE LAWSON was created by jim knight
I JUST GOT A 82 EDDIE LAWSON THAT BELONGS TO A FRIEND OF MINES WIFE. MY FRIEND HAD PASS AWAY HE BOUGHT THE BIKE BRAND NEW AND RODE IT 2000 MILES AND THEN HE TOOK IT APART TO MAKE IT A DRAG BIKE AND NEVER FINISHED IT I GOT IT IN BOXES ALL THE BODY PARTS IS PERFECT. I AM SURE IT IS MISSING SOME STUFF. I AM WOUNDING WHAT THIS WOOULD BE WORTH BACK TOGETHER? I HAVE KAWASAKI TRIPLES I RESTORE. THANKS JIM KNIGHT

Post edited by: jim knight, at: 2006/11/23 13:00
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• RetroRiceRocketRider
  • User
  • ...bring in the machine that goes PING!
More
23 Nov 2006 10:11 #94315 by RetroRiceRocketRider
Replied by RetroRiceRocketRider on topic 1982 EDDIE LAWSON
Welcome to KZr Jim! :)

I always really liked the ELR's, and would snatch one up in a heartbeat for the right price (keep in mind though, I'm a bargain hunter = cheap bastich :whistle: :lol:).

But if nothing was actually altered from returning it to original, all OEM parts are there and undamaged, and then the bike re-assembled, it could possibly fetch you upwards of $10k from either a collector or someone really wanting one.

Any pics of it in it's current condition?

Post edited by: RetroRiceRocketRider, at: 2006/11/23 13:12

Covina, So Calif!
78 KZ650-B2 = SOLD
84 ZN700 LTD = SOLD
84 ZX750 GPz = SOLD
89 GSX1100F Katana = SLEEPING :-/
20 VN1700 Vulcan Vaquero (the Blue Cowboy)
Looking for my next project KZ

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
23 Nov 2006 10:23 #94321 by Pterosaur
Replied by Pterosaur on topic 1982 EDDIE LAWSON
RetroRiceRocketRider wrote:

Welcome to KZr Jim! :)
...But if nothing was actually altered from returning it to original, all OEM parts are there and undamaged, and then the bike re-assembled, it could possibly fetch you upwards of $10k from either a collector or someone really wanting one....

Seconded. It's definitely worth looking into. Could be a really nice bit of history, one of those... :)

More
23 Nov 2006 10:45 #94327 by kzbikeman
Replied by kzbikeman on topic 1982 EDDIE LAWSON
Worth It?

I would think so. It is always a matter of time and money (so my Grandad used to say).