More
08 Nov 2006 13:30 #90533 by hwms
Replied by hwms on topic trike???
Duck wrote:

Harry-
So I'm not first to think of that :-)
Anything other than Ford 9" popular?
Would LSD be beneficial? deadly?
On your bike, those couplings in the middle of the half shafts. What the heck are they?
Not ready for a trike here. BUT have looked at some of those morgan 3 wheelers using shaft drive MC engine in front. Wonder how one would work out with kawasaki four?

These couplings are being used to temporarily shorten the shafts. Said shafts will be replaced with resplined shortened shafts after a period of testing.

I do not know if makers are now using other than the Ford.

My son has a number of used independant suspenstion rearends from Jaguar's.
I am thinking of using a modified rearend of an XKE with a shaft drive MC to make another. I may do this if I am fortunate enough to have a few more birthdays.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2006 15:50 #90571 by steell
Replied by steell on topic trike???
The Guzzi pic was my fault, I should have paid more attention :blush: :blush: :blush:

KD9JUR

• wireman
  • Visitor
08 Nov 2006 15:51 #90572 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic trike???
hwms wrote:

Click here for slideshow of first ten pics

Click here for slideshow of second 10 pics

Click here for slideshow of third 10 pics

The final three pics in slideshow

Before:

And after:

<br><br>Post edited by: steell, at: 2006/11/07 23:48

harry you are an evil geniusB) it was guys like you that beat this stuff into my head when i was younger hopefully some of the younger guys will get a chance to to learn something from you if they are smart enough to listen:)

More
08 Nov 2006 16:59 #90595 by hwms
Replied by hwms on topic trike???
I really want to thank all of you that have viewed and/or responded to this project.It gives me great pleasure.

I know that this project may be out of place on this forum but I really enjoyed doing it and am vain enough to want to show it off.

I realize that this sort of thing may traumitize those "purest of purists" that only recogonize the original factory paint and the first riders residual odor on the saddle but it is the best I can do at my age. I sincerly apologize if I have offended any of them.

THANK YOU,
Harry

More
08 Nov 2006 20:35 #90649 by agawam
Replied by agawam on topic trike???
I would like to see the pictures but I can't, says login and I don't have the stuff to get in there, but I will say the white one is super

Post edited by: agawam, at: 2006/11/08 23:37

• Pterosaur
  • Visitor
08 Nov 2006 20:54 #90656 by Pterosaur
Replied by Pterosaur on topic trike???
hwms wrote:

I really want to thank all of you that have viewed and/or responded to this project.It gives me great pleasure.

And well it should - y'dun good.

I know that this project may be out of place on this forum but I really enjoyed doing it and am vain enough to want to show it off.

Why, oh *_why_* should anyone think it would be out of place?

It's a KZ, it's an outstanding implementation of a relatively rare form of the breed, and it required one hell of a lot in blood, sweat and tears to get it "right" and get it on the street.

I realize that this sort of thing may traumitize those "purest of purists" that only recogonize the original factory paint and the first riders residual odor on the saddle but it is the best I can do at my age. I sincerly apologize if I have offended any of them.

Any bloody twit that has the unmitigated gaul to be "traumatised" by the result you've achieved needs their head examined - right between the drive sprocket and the track guides of a Cat D9.

NEVER apologize to fools - they'll take you seriously.

More
08 Nov 2006 23:43 #90676 by steell
Replied by steell on topic trike???
agawam wrote:

I would like to see the pictures but I can't, says login and I don't have the stuff to get in there, but I will say the white one is super<br><br>Post edited by: agawam, at: 2006/11/08 23:37

Maybe photobucket was having problems when you tried? I just clicked on the link and seen the slideshow, and I know others have also.

KD9JUR

More
09 Nov 2006 06:36 #90715 by Snakebyte
Replied by Snakebyte on topic trike???
Slide does not work for me:(

• Duck
  • User
  • e vica na i sau na ga
More
09 Nov 2006 06:49 #90718 by Duck
Replied by Duck on topic trike???
Snakebyte wrote:

Slide does not work for me:(

The liks Harry posted at the begining of the thread work. The quoted links do not work because joomlaboard mangles the URL in the quote.

More
09 Nov 2006 12:19 #90777 by caffcruiser
Replied by caffcruiser on topic trike???
kaverryan wrote:

Check this one out.

motorcycles.about.com/od/photogalleries/...e-Pictures/f1694.htm

I'd LOVE more shots of this bike!!!

More
09 Nov 2006 20:02 #90913 by agawam
Replied by agawam on topic trike???
OK, I found a honda 250R three wheeler cheap, the guy says its got a bluesomethingorother rear axle(not stock)with chain drive,he says its the strongest axle available for this bike, and only a few weeks old he paid 600 plus for the rear(so he says)would this work for a street trike, I know there will be some work involved to adapt,I just don't want something thats not strong enough

More
10 Nov 2006 02:18 #90963 by caffcruiser
Replied by caffcruiser on topic trike???
agawam wrote:

OK, I found a honda 250R three wheeler cheap, the guy says its got a bluesomethingorother rear axle(not stock)with chain drive,he says its the strongest axle available for this bike, and only a few weeks old he paid 600 plus for the rear(so he says)would this work for a street trike, I know there will be some work involved to adapt,I just don't want something thats not strong enough

Don't kill a 250R for that. Those things arent easy to find...