SWINGARM

More
26 Oct 2006 13:40 #87551 by ZED
SWINGARM was created by ZED
Scored, an aluminum box swingarm on e-bay for 26.00 I was told it was from an early GSX? It came off a 1975 z1b(which is my bike) Ill try to post pics for identification. There are two brackets on both sides bottom back, Caliper mount? anyone who knows gs's please tell me the conversion. I already know I need eye to clevis shocks. What kind of rim should I go for. My bike has lesters on now, I kinda like the classic look, but I know getting the lester widened is big bucks. my bike is in the gallery, The Atomic orange one.B) :evil: I cant wait to do the conversion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
26 Oct 2006 20:03 #87688 by RomSpaceKnight
Replied by RomSpaceKnight on topic SWINGARM
Two brackets bottom back......wheelie bar mounts? If you have a Suzi swingarm look for GSXR rear rim.

More
27 Oct 2006 00:48 #87728 by donthekawguy
Replied by donthekawguy on topic SWINGARM
You can keep th eLesters and just use bigger spacers.

Rathdrum Idaho
1971 Kawasaki g3ss
1972 Yamaha R5 350
1965 Suzuki Hillbilly
1964 Yamaha 125

More
27 Oct 2006 12:40 #87831 by ZED
Replied by ZED on topic SWINGARM
Where do i get bigger spacers? Where do I get a GSXR rim...cheap. Wheelie bar mounts, It's a possibility.

More
27 Oct 2006 12:44 #87832 by ZED
Replied by ZED on topic SWINGARM
Keeping the lesters is not a problem but a nice wide swingarm with skinny tires looks goofy. The whole reason for doing the conversion is to get more rubber on the tarmac. I will probably ues spacers for the time being and look goofy for now:P