kz650 chopper

• ran429
  • User
  • Master of FREE rides!
More
26 Sep 2006 18:22 #79878 by ran429
Replied by ran429 on topic kz650 chopper
Washington State law says you have to file for a lost title at the DMV then in 3 years get a title in the mail if the previous owner doesnt respond, also if requested have it inspected at Washington state patrol ($50 More)at time of title application.

Been there done that parted it instead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Sep 2006 11:45 #80493 by Kellen79_650
Replied by Kellen79_650 on topic kz650 chopper
I found several people here in Washington that can do the hardtail mod to my frame. I ended up going with a guy out of Arlington who is known as Joe Wise Guy. He does a lot of swingarm extensions and frame mods. Seems like he has considerable knowledge working with Japanese bikes. I will be taking it up there this weekend. Looking at doing a hardtail mod with 3" of stretch and just enough rake to make the frame level. Pics to come when it's done.

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs NOTHING to be a Patriot."

~Mark Twain

More
30 Sep 2006 20:27 #80837 by timber
Replied by timber on topic kz650 chopper
yep i was going to say joe or jesus. both are great guys and in your neck of the country. you wont go wrong with either one of those guys.

More
02 Oct 2006 18:10 #81303 by jcleach
Replied by jcleach on topic kz650 chopper
love the mods!!

Any thing out of the norm is great with me. Love the rigid look. I cant leave anything alone, but have a problem buying stuff and bolting it on. One off is the only way to have anything original.:)

More
02 Oct 2006 18:18 #81307 by steell
Replied by steell on topic kz650 chopper
Is the motor the only thing tying the lower frame tubes together?

KD9JUR

More
03 Oct 2006 08:35 #81417 by timber
there is a 1"x2"x.120 wall square tube under the rear where the rear lower engine mounts are. there will also be another on the lower rails ahead of the rear wheel and one on the seat rails ahead of the rear wheel. there will be a plate that will run from the rear crossmber to the engine crossmemberon the left side. the battery box and electrical box will be there.

More
03 Oct 2006 10:43 #81457 by steell
Replied by steell on topic kz650 chopper
Sounds like it ought to be stiff enough when you are done :)

KD9JUR

More
05 Oct 2006 09:23 #81986 by timber
this one is on hold. i just entered a build off and i am building a whole frame from for that. gonna make it a 180/200mm rear tire z750 chop. so when it starts i will share what i am doing over here.

going to do a japanese brat style with it. fat tires, small tank, urban assult blaster looking ride.

have to keep a eye out for cruisingram also, he is also in it. though he is in a different class than i am in.

More
03 Jan 2007 12:57 #103200 by Kellen79_650
Well, I finally have my hardtail done. I think it looks great. In the pictures below I have also set my 12" apes on it, the gas tank I hope to use (needs a lot of work), and my seatpan (of course not at the height or angle it will be at after it's on the spring).

"In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs NOTHING to be a Patriot."

~Mark Twain

• guitargeek
  • User
  • Elitist, arrogant, intolerant, self absorbed.
More
03 Jan 2007 13:07 #103202 by guitargeek
Replied by guitargeek on topic kz650 chopper
I can appreciate the effort and workmanship, I just think hardtails are stupid. I like modded frames, but only if they're mods that will improve handling, not make it worse...

My $.02, YMMV.

1980 KZ750-H1 (slightly altered)
1987 KZ1000-P6 "Ponch"
1979 GS1000 "Dadzuki"

More
03 Jan 2007 14:48 #103230 by Kellen79_650
I agree in part, but it depends on the bike. For this bike I am going for looks over handling.

~Mark Twain

More
03 Jan 2007 19:56 #103277 by kznuke
Replied by kznuke on topic kz650 chopper
I like a bike that handles well and goes fast too. But I also think hardtails look cool and are fun to ride (as long as the forks aren't 20' long). Different strokes and all that. Personally, I'm a man of many strokes (insert jokes here_____ ). My ideal stable would include a mean streetfighter, a comfortable touring bike and a bad-ass chopper/bobber. Looks like a good start you've got there. Did you do the work youself? What tank is that you're using? I'd like to see more pix if you got em.