Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Differences Between Frame Side Cover Tabs for the Z1 and LTD1000 18 Jan 2023 17:29 #878970

• saxjonz
  • saxjonz's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • KawboyZ
  • Thank you received: 75
I searched this before and didn't find anything anywhere here or online. I know that I read something somewhere. What I know is that the engine mount on the Z1 has a place for tab mount but frame locations for the other two tabs? Reason being is that I want to do an LTD frame using Z1 body set. Why? Because I love the side covers and tail look much better than the KZ set. Not looking to spend the difference by buying the actual Z1 and I want the stronger frame in the mix. Has anyone converted theirs and if so which tabs need to be moved and rewelded?
Thanks
79 LTD B3
80 LTD B4 1075 kit JE Pistons .410 cam grind, Bassani, 31 keihin CR Specials...
1980 Z1R, 2002 ZRX1200, 2003 ZRX1200

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by saxjonz. Reason: mistake

Differences Between Frame Side Cover Tabs for the Z1 and LTD1000 09 Feb 2023 13:19 #879958

• Kawboy74
  • User
  • Thank you received: 52
I am doing that very thing. I have a '78 KZ1000 LTD frame and had to relocate the front upper tab and the right rear tab to suit.Having the side-covers in hand will help substantially when re-locating the tabs and if carefully removed with a Dremel etc.you should be fine. The lower attachment on each side is into motor mount brackets. You will also need to change your seat lock bracket to the loop style if using a Z1 seat and they can be purchased as a set.
Good luck.
David.
1974 Z1A As original as I could get it
'88 ZX750R braided lines, mostly original
KZ1000 project on the bench
Burlington,Ontario,Canada

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: