Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Speedo cable 30 Aug 2021 02:22 #854561

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Aloha guys. I'm currently looking for speedo cable # 54001-1012. Pretty much everybody/place I looked is sold out. And yes, that include Z1 unless I'm looking at wrong one.

Is there any replacement for this? Found couple in Japan, but shipping is gonna kill me. Do we only have used as our replacement? 
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Speedo cable 30 Aug 2021 06:27 #854571

• martin_csr
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1620
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationEB search = 54001-1012.  I did not do any other searches, such as by model or alternate model or by part name or MotionPro.

Says 3 available:  ~$20T 

Last edit: by martin_csr.

Speedo cable 30 Aug 2021 10:34 #854584

• z1kzonly
  • User
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 512
Is it for an 82' 750? What's it look like? What's the length? I have a pile of old Z1/KZ speedo cables. I need pictures for comparison.
Livin in "CheektaVegas, NY
Went thru 25 of these in 40 yrs.
I SOLD OUT! THE KAW BARN IS EMPTY.
More room for The Old Girl, Harley 75 FLH Electra Glide,
Old faithful! Points ign. Bendix Orig. carb.
Starts everytime!

Speedo cable 30 Aug 2021 20:56 #854620

• Ojisan rider
  • Ojisan rider's Avatar Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Thank you received: 63
Thanks martin. Funny. I did the search on evilbay as well and nothing turned up. At least when I tried them. ??? in my head right now.

Also, thanks to Z1kzonly. But unfortunately, my cables are long gone. What happened is that when I was riding, speedo was so off I got pulled over by cop and when I dismantle the bike, first thing that went in the trash was speedo cable and the gear housing thinking I'm gonna get the new one soon. I remember this well because cop got involve and one of the few times I got pulled over.

Fast forward it to today, I regret everything that I threw away. But back then, it was only few years old, ya know...........
82' KZ750-R1 cafe racer style. Clip-on, Rear set, Fork-Brace, Mikuni Flat-slide (forgot the size), Kerker.
84' GPz750 (basket case). everything are in pieces.
89' ZX750-H1 (ZX-7 Ninja). Resurrection project are on going with my KZ750. Everything is stock.

• Page: