Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

KZ440 rear brake (drum) arm 29 Jun 2021 17:50 #850929

• Pagala
  • Pagala's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
Really easy question for anyone who knows these bikes!

My KZ440 project has a new head with new valves, and the bike is all put together and works. I've also changed a lot of stuff, including tyres and the usual.

When I put the bolt that secures the rear brake hub to the rigid arm to stop it spinning around (the bolt that has a hole for a cotter pin), I'm not sure I've done it right. At the moment, it's just the bolt, and a nut. I think there should be a washer in there somewhere to make up some thickness, so that the brake hub isn't at an angle and isn't in danger of locking up.

I've looked up the blow-up diagrams on kawasaki.com and the image is unavailable, but the parts listing does mention a couple of washers.

Can anyone confirm if there's a washer before the bolt? Or just take a photo of their rear brake linkage for me? Thanks

1̶9̶8̶3̶ ̶K̶a̶w̶a̶s̶a̶k̶i̶ ̶G̶T̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶(̶U̶K̶-̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶)̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶Z̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶G̶1̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶s̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶4̶.̶
1981 Kawasaki Z440 (KZ440C1)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Pagala.

KZ440 rear brake (drum) arm 30 Jun 2021 08:53 #850957

• Pagala
  • Pagala's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 6
No worries - figured it out
1̶9̶8̶3̶ ̶K̶a̶w̶a̶s̶a̶k̶i̶ ̶G̶T̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶(̶U̶K̶-̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶m̶o̶d̶e̶l̶)̶,̶ ̶a̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶Z̶5̶5̶0̶ ̶G̶1̶,̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶i̶s̶t̶e̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶4̶.̶
1981 Kawasaki Z440 (KZ440C1)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: